Ok many people are not liking dream sequence because they find Tan tia jin and Le xi wu characters more interesting and their dynamic is interesting and they love shaddy Tan Tia Jin in black clothes. Even i also thought i will skip dream sequence but when i skipped ep 13 and went to watch ep14 i didn't understand anything.

Why this arc is so...much more than story of Ming Yue and Sang ju i will write it below.

NOTE- I haven't read the entire novel but all these things are told to me by my other friends in MDL who have read the novel.

this arc was important
1.we get to see how all God's died, how God of time was trapped in abyss and waited for 10000 years for li su su to come so that he can tell her the way to finish evil bone , so that no other evil God can come alive.

2. We got to know Li su su may have both demon and immortal genes(origin/roots). I heard she was adopted in her sect by her adopted father(whom we saw in ep 1).  And she is child of the God turned demon who was in love with Godess of space and they both had Li su su. I heard he will back when li su su will go back in real time. We saw in ep 15-16   he didn't die but he was trapped.

3. We got to know all God's died(there were 12 Gods in total)  (and the two God's -1. God of time was trapped in abyss and 2.  God of war (mingyue) is drowned in misery of loosing Sang ju and has given up his human form and he is sitting inside river MOHE so that he can stabilize mohe river aS all the people of clan was killed by evil bytch Tan Hiun(ye bing chang) and Sang ju perished, so he is stabilizing river otherwise it will bring flood. This is the reason when Tan tia jin becomes evil God their is no God's left to fight with him, only immortals left , which is why li su su has to go back in time so that he can destroy evil bone before he becomes evil God

4. Devil God from 10k years ago has same face as Tan tia jin because Devil God did some favour to yuye tribe (Tantia jin's mothers tribe) and asked her child as a sacrifice so that the child will also have evil bone and he can become next devil God,
in this way he can come back to conquer three realms and 4 continents. So Tantia jin
has evil bones therefore he looks like old devil God

5. This dream will teach Tan tia jin to not let go the person he likes and to keep her close. Where as Li su su will learn not to love too much and to focus on her goal

6. This dream will let li su su to get closer to develop 9 nails which she will pierce in TTJ's heart to seal evil bone. As dream was one of the element needed to destroy evil bone which God of time mentioned in Abyss

10. And they will start developing feelings towards each other after dream sequence. 

So this dream sequence is not a waste , i really hated dream sequence from eternal love pillow book but this is good

technobuffalo:

Why is it that TTJ's name changes to Cang Jiu Min later on?  Does he somehow die and get reincarnated again 500 years later and meet the FL or does he simply take on another identity after YXW's death?

No, TTJ looks for YXW's soul for 500 years.  He then goes to an immortal sect under the name. 1st meeting with Li SuSu is as he is trying to kill her to make her a vessel for YXW's soul, and ends up finding outhe was looking for her for 500 years.

Alicetcfwl:

No, TTJ looks for YXW's soul for 500 years.  He then goes to an immortal sect under the name. 1st meeting with Li SuSu is as he is trying to kill her to male her a vessel for YXW's soul, and ends up finding outhe was looking for her for 500 years.

But one question, mortals do die naturally, so how he was alive for 500years?

Many people are asking why and how TTJ marries YBQ in novel. I will answer it below ?

its all becauce of Sheng Emperor. TTJ wanted the 7th princess of Sheng Empire, and that old man to save his daughter ordered the Ye family to send YBC.

TTJ asks for the 7th princess, but the Sheng Emperor sends YBC... merely 6 months after XL's death. And idiot YBC had a line that went like: XL was my first choice, TTJ was the second choice. TTJ is even better that pang Yi Zhi. So she fuels her hatred towards XiWu to compete for the Empress title that was never hers to begin with

I'm hoping that in the drama they change the part where he is trying to kill LS for a vessel for YXW's soul. I think it would be better if after observing her he is able to realize she was YXW because TTJ seems to be smart and noticed the abrupt change in YXW's personality. He should be able to pick up and how that personality is similar to LS's. 

Muskan Gupta:

Many people are asking why and how TTJ marries YBQ in novel. I will answer it below ?

its all becauce of Sheng Emperor. TTJ wanted the 7th princess of Sheng Empire, and that old man to save his daughter ordered the Ye family to send YBC.

TTJ asks for the 7th princess, but the Sheng Emperor sends YBC... merely 6 months after XL's death. And idiot YBC had a line that went like: XL was my first choice, TTJ was the second choice. TTJ is even better that pang Yi Zhi. So she fuels her hatred towards XiWu to compete for the Empress title that was never hers to begin with

Yup that is the initial explanation in the novel about TTJ and YBC's marrage. But there is much more going on in that marriage, YBC for the first time ever shows how ugly of a person she can be, and the hatred part is only the beginning. All the ugly stuff she does and that with no sense of remorse at all...

Sirry Usly:

I'm hoping that in the drama they change the part where he is trying to kill LS for a vessel for YXW's soul. I think it would be better if after observing her he is able to realize she was YXW because TTJ seems to be smart and noticed the abrupt change in YXW's personality. He should be able to pick up and how that personality is similar to LS's. 

In novel i have heard LXW and LSS have different faces but in drama it is same , so i guess at least he will know she looks like YXW but after that may be she will say she is different person only face similar 

Alicetcfwl:

Yup that is the initial explanation in the novel about TTJ and YBC's marrage. But there is much more going on in that marriage, YBC for the first time ever shows how ugly of a person she can be, and the hatred part is only the beginning. All the ugly stuff she does and that with no sense of remorse at all...

Yes we already discussed it yesterday you mentioned about  all her deeds on page number 3 I guess , so those who want to know about her deeds just go to page number 3 and check . @Alicetcfwl has mentioned about all her adventures

Muskan Gupta:

In novel i have heard LXW and LSS have different faces but in drama it is same , so i guess at least he will know she looks like YXW but after that may be she will say she is different person only face similar 

By the trailers, she will tell him everything was in the past...

Alicetcfwl:

By the trailers, she will tell him everything was in the past...

Yes now i remember so many be that scene of him trying to kill her won't happen 

Guys should I put the explanation to the tower scene at the front page where the other FAQs are or is it too early ? XD

mparthur:

Hang on a minute.  So far, the only child we have come across in the drama is Yue Fu Yao, Jing Lan An's daughter.  

Which part of the novel does TTJ's child appear?  I have so far come across YFY.

The last couple of chapters of the novel.  Her name is Tantai Ami.  At this point it has been 1000 years since his death and Li SuSu is always gone trying to find him.  Instead A'mi finds him first.  I don't know if she will be in the drama but i do know that there will be the final wedding scene which is the last chapter of the novel.  I saw in an interview that LYX and BL were talking about their 3 wedding scenes.  We saw the first one in the dream sequence, the second will be the wedding when she uses the nails on him and the final is the devil wedding scene.  

Muskan Gupta:

Ok and also i remember in The starry love calendar schedule of youku , their was a broken heart made in second last episode but in this drama's calendar schedule a full heart is made above second last episode but their is some yellow embroidery present inside heart but at least it is not broken , so maybe we can take it as a sign of HE?

I think that's the double happiness symbol which is used in weddings.  If it follows the novel then the last chapter is of them getting married and he returns to the demon realm.  

I’ve got a few questions so here we go.

1. When will TTJ realise LSS’s mission to stop him from becoming the devil god? While she is still YXW or when she becomes LSS again?

2. And does being in the dream and fighting the devil god change TTJ’s mind about becoming evil or does he just do “evil” things for LSS’s sake?

3. Does he realise the devil god is the biggest problem ater being in the dream or does he continue thinking his problems are mainly to rule his kingdom, win wars and YXW’s love after he gets out of the dream? Or will he even believe the devil god is real?

4. Also does LSS think they have an ill-fated relationship (given that her whole family/clan seems to be wiped out every time they are associated with each other)?

5. In the drama they can’t really see each other’s perspectives like Sang Jiu doesn’t see for herself how the first evil god was defeated but Ming Ye does. Wouldn’t that info have been more relevant to LSS assuming the evil god comes back? Or is it intentional that Ming Ye had to take part in that action and the war etc.

I really hope they dedicate at least one episode to the Happy ending. 

One fatal flaw in Xianxia is they breeze through it and that happy ever-after is only shown within the last 20 mins or so.