FlynnRyder:

Does it have any significance? I remember his master being all mysterious about it?

maybe something to do with the Jade Emperer?  My guess is that it may have something to do with him becoming a god in the end.  

oceanstarjp:

maybe something to do with the Jade Emperer?  My guess is that it may have something to do with him becoming a god in the end.  

I think you're right, because the whole drama is "Becoming a Devil or God, the choice is yours." From 10,000 years ago, Mingye and the original Devil God were fighting for control of Tantai Jin's body and mind.

Mingye originally wanted to kill the Devil as well (they use the term 诛魔, which is kill) but after seeing his wife become affected and the fact that as long as there are evil thoughts in the world, the devil God will not die, he went on the path of trying to tide Tantai Jin over to the good side (渡魔). Hence all the immortal treasures he left for the cultivation world. 

There's also a theory that a part of Mingye's soul is in Tantai Jin. Because during the battle 10,000 years ago, Devil God was sucking some of Mingye's essence before Mingye pulled his hand, said "You can never escape " and told the other gods to create that star curse.

So the Mingye essence that got taken by original devil God also transferred onto the Devil fetus Tantai Jin.

Question: if drama ends with HE, will TJ be a god or part demon? From the book ending it mentions he goes back with susu in demon land. 

MayLee:
Btw that thanks for the book link. The HE was so sweet. Definitely redemption. I read the BE and was heart broken.  I would rage of they picked that one :((( 

What's HE and BE?

Since, this thread is specifically for the series rather than the book, I'll repost my questions here from the FAQ thread. Would appreciate help in filling gaps in my understanding of Episode 33.

I keep forgetting some character names/terms but hopefully you can make sense of my questions.

What is the heartless way exactly? Is it not forming any love connections? It wasn't really explained. She simply mentions it when her father talks about her fiance. And she when ever she thinks about Tantai Jin, she says it is making it hard for her to follow the Heartless way.

Tantai Jin figures out that the two demons from the Barren Abyss might know how to destroy the evil bone. He pretends to be the devil god and asks the female demon is the bone might have been destroyed. She says that as long as creatures of the 3 realms are alive and there is suffering (some other word was used), the evil bone can't be destroyed. And if there is any weakness in the plan, that is only known to him. She later reveals she saw through TTJ's trickery. So could she have lied about the evil bone being indestructible?

If the 3 demon relics can interact with TTJ drawing him to become the devil god, wasn't the whole time travel pointless? It doesn't make sense that Li Su Su is keeping all that happened from the elders when she doesn't even have the answers herself.

And what was happening at the festival? They chose a demon who can lock on to feelings of love or anyone you are scared of. How did Li Su Su get drunk and vulnerable to attack when they were on a hunt? And then how did the demon learn about everything related to Tantai Jin when it was LSS and Xiao Lin she attacked? 

Also, the sect guy that told TTJ to find LXW's soul in the river got kidnapped by the demons. Is he now a bad guy? He sent them information on TTJ's whereabouts.

I also didn't understand their plan for the demons in the first place. How was hosting the tournament going to help? And despite having so many tribes, they still escaped. Where were all the contestants?

Yea I thought susu drunk was an act.. Didn't realize she was really drunk. Kind of weird to do that lol

MayLee:

Yea I thought susu drunk was an act.. Didn't realize she was really drunk. Kind of weird to do that lol

Right? I thought it was an act as well. And then she ended up having a nightmare. It seems like too many scenes were cut in this section.

ColourMePurple:

Right? I thought it was an act as well. And then she ended up having a nightmare. It seems like too many scenes were cut in this section.

Correct, it is an act. CJM discussed it with them but perhaps was cut in the drama. 

@ColourMePurple

1. Heartless Way - in dramas, this usually only happens after the character goes through various love trials, is so heartbroken they forget all the small love (romance, friends etc.) and cultivate the heartless way to love the whole world equally.  She cultivates this because it's a natural cultivation path for those born with the phoenix genes (from her mother Chuhuang).

2.  Might be a translation error - the three items are the bone-refining seal (Devil God's heart, the one that looks like a cube), the god-slaying crossbow (Devil God's eye, saved Tantai Jin from the underworld where he was drowning) and the heaven-slashing sword (currently with Dimian, LSS's father). They are automatically drawn to the Devil Fetus. 

LSS and her cultivation sect from Universe A (world is pretty much destroyed) didn't know this information - they only know that there is a Mirror of the Past, and they need to time travel back to remove the evil bone and kill the devil fetus. Like an act of desperation - only have part of an answer, but still need to try, otherwise the world is going to be ruined.

3. The demon was chosen because she can transform into the person's most beloved or most frightening - the two demons wanted to know Cang Jiumin's weakness. They believe it is Li Susu, so the purple night demon enters her dream, copies her dream and shows it in the dream they weave for Tantai Jin.

4. Nian Baiyu (Tantai Jin's sidekick) is working for the demons because his entire clan was held hostage - I think? We'll probably find out more in future episodes.

5. The cultivation sect thought they were powerful enough to capture the demons if they entered their area. They clearly overestimated themselves lol

Do you guys think it will be a happy ending or not? I saw some of their interview and it's not a good news.

Peace and peace:

Do you guys think it will be a happy ending or not? I saw some of their interview and it's not a good news.

Sad but a HE.

Today it was said that TTJ’s fate - suffering and meeting and loving YXW, getting betrayed, then losing her was all part of DG’s plan. What about TTJ 1.0? I thought he allowed Su Su to go back because he was bored/curious. Did DG foresee that? Where does Ji Ze‘s plan come into this?

voldermortsunbae:

Today it was said that TTJ’s fate - suffering and meeting and loving YXW, getting betrayed, then losing her was all part of DG’s plan. What about TTJ 1.0? I thought he allowed Su Su to go back because he was bored/curious. Did DG foresee that? Where does Ji Ze‘s plan come into this? 

This is what I'm curious about myself.  In the novel it was DG that forsaw his death and wanted to see if LSS could change his fate.  In the drama it seems that it is ancient DG's plan from the beginning so I'm curious to see how this whole thing will work out.  

voldermortsunbae:

I asked about this and suspected this way back. Because TTJ probably should've died at the frozen lake or soon after in the OG timeline. But DG tells him it's not his time to die yet and he will undergo many grief and betrayals, etc. Then came Ming Ye's dream where we see the battle 10,000 years ago. Since then I've been suspecting that DG knew very well what was going on and was allowing it to happen.

thanks! really hope we’ll have a HE 😭🙏