End of ep. 35...sooooo cuteeee. Why the director always use the not so great kiss clips lol. Gotta enjoy this moment before hell break loose again:(

Everyone... Please please please explain the ending... please ? 

FlynnRyder:

Everyone... Please please please explain the ending... please ? 

Susu is with their daughter in fron of a river, and TTJ  come back reincarnated

Monicac25:

Susu is with their daughter in fron of a river, and TTJ  come back reincarnated

Tantai Jin did not reincarnate. He gave Mingye's heart-protecting scale to Li Susu during the destruction of the All-in-Distress Way. Only a sliver of his soul exists in the scale, which is equivalent to a thread of Mingye's soul being in the scale that saved Tantai Jin and Gongye Jiwu numerous times. But you can't say that Mingye is still alive, because he already died 10,000 years ago. 

There's a special audio of them talking with Susu telling TTJ to come home with her so he can officially meet their daughter... here is the link https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8E7WEhj/ 

Such a touching piece. How did this come about?  We needed that

BlackJade30:

Such a touching piece. How did this come about?  We needed that

Must be part of the special project they're all talking about on ?... I hope it's a special episode. 

So technically it's a HE like the book just didn't have enough episode to play out what we want right? I'm sure if they didn't have cut any episode out could have been more to the ending. 

MayLee:

So technically it's a HE like the book just didn't have enough episode to play out what we want right? I'm sure if they didn't have cut any episode out could have been more to the ending. 

Because chinese dramas need to be sent to censors, the "final cut" is the sad ending. Any extra audio and clips are only marketing material and promotions that were recorded as special BTS for those that want a happy ending, but they're not considered part of the official drama.

ugh. . I don't know why they do that. For the part that show him in the end in the river could have been easily replace with his daughter bumping into him. Or at least have Susu say see you soon when she held the scale. At least they have one sweet moment left before he died and he knew she loved him. 

MayLee:

ugh. . I don't know why they do that. For the part that show him in the end in the river could have been easily replace with his daughter bumping into him. Or at least have Susu say see you soon when she held the scale. At least they have one sweet moment left before he died and he knew she loved him. 

I am confused by the heart protecting scale  and TTJ's spirit.  How did the spirit get absorbed by the scale?  Which part of the last episode shows the heart pprotecting scale being used by LSS?

TTJ wouldn't use the heart protecting scale to save himself from being killed by LSS because he had desperately wanted to die.  So, LSS must the one who used the scale to collectTTJ's spiritafter he had destroyed the devil bone and his body dissipated.

When did LSS possess the heart protecting scale?  

The story never said the scale could collect the spirit.  So, this is a new puzzle to me.

mparthur:

I am confused by the heart protecting scale  and TTJ's spirit.  How did the spirit get absorbed by the scale?  Which part of the last episode shows the heart pprotecting scale being used by LSS?

It was implied in the episode where TTJ resonated with the scale, and even more so when MY stopped TTJ from committing murder-suicide. As he was able to resonate with the scale, he put some of his immortal energy in it while trying to restore it.

Alicetcfwl:

It was implied in the episode where TTJ resonated with the scale, and even more so when MY stopped TTJ from committing murder-suicide. As he was able to resonate with the scale, he put some of his immortal energy in it while trying to restore it.

Which episode?

mparthur:

Which episode?

35th around the 38th minute mark is when he connects to the scale.

Alicetcfwl:

35th around the 38th minute mark is when he connects to the scale.

Thank you.   He connects to the scale just like Ming Ye but Ming Ye's spirit is not within the scale.  How come TTJ's spirit ends up there?