mparthur:

Thank you.   He connects to the scale just like Ming Ye but Ming Ye's spirit is not within the scale.  How come TTJ's spirit ends up there?

If you recall a few ep earlier, TTJ/CJM cultivates it with his teachers and manage to awaken the heart scale using his power. So it now belongs to CJM.

mparthur:

Thank you.   He connects to the scale just like Ming Ye but Ming Ye's spirit is not within the scale.  How come TTJ's spirit ends up there?

It is a part of his soul that is there. His consciousness if you will.  It is the means for LSS to find TTJ once he reincarnated. Having a part of his consciousness in the scale can help her remind him of his past.

Alicetcfwl:

It is a part of his soul that is there. His consciousness if you will.  It is the means for LSS to find TTJ once he reincarnated. Having a part of his consciousness in the scale can help her remind him of his past.

For this drama script. Different for the novel.

Alicetcfwl:

It is a part of his soul that is there. His consciousness if you will.  It is the means for LSS to find TTJ once he reincarnated. Having a part of his consciousness in the scale can help her remind him of his past.

Thanks for the explanation.  I now understand the whole story but I conclude the drama lost its direction from the moment YXW dies.  The rest are so confusing and messy.

i have just watched the scene where CJM is being punished on the demon subduing platform (i think it was called something like that), and dimian comes and tells everyone that his life was all predetermined by the devil god. i am a bit confused by this because the original devil god 2.0 did not have the life he wrote for him before he became devil god 2.0. why plan the life he lives after susu goes back in time to change his fate?? so 1.0 also planned for his future fate to be changed by time travelling and his devil bone removed by his wife??

pluto:

i have just watched the scene where CJM is being punished on the demon subduing platform (i think it was called something like that), and dimian comes and tells everyone that his life was all predetermined by the devil god. i am a bit confused by this because the original devil god 2.0 did not have the life he wrote for him before he became devil god 2.0. why plan the life he lives after susu goes back in time to change his fate?? so 1.0 also planned for his future fate to be changed by time travelling and his devil bone removed by his wife??

It is widely accepted that DG2.0 became devil God (red hair) after dying on the frozen lake, and the Huatian world view team mentioned in a livestream that he's been stuck in a time loop because of all the shenanigans in the battle between the ancient gods and original Devil God (curls), who both want to make him bad/good. There's been several time loops already before our current timeline where the world was destroyed (refer to diagram in main post) - if Mingye's team isn't able to turn devil fetus into a good person, the loop will restart. One of the final cards played by ancient gods side is sending LSS back to try and change the course of original Devil God's story as much as she could on the romance side, while Mingye and Zhaoyou tried to guide him on the comradeship friendship side.

Devil God 1.0 also realised he was a tool for original devil God, and decided to let LSS go back in time to see if his fate could actually be changed. 

The original Devil God's story doesn't mention LSS time travelling and removing the bone - he only mentioned "betrayed by family and lover" which could have been anyone - in this timeline, it just so happened to be LSS.

hi sorry , if this has been discussed before , but why is DG 2.0 stuck in an Endless time loop ? Who is going back in time ? 

And how did MY died ? Never shown in the drama ?

thanks in advance ? 

LoveDemonGodTTJ:

hi sorry , if this has been discussed before , but why is DG 2.0 stuck in an Endless time loop ? Who is going back in time ? 

And how did MY died ? Never shown in the drama ?

thanks in advance ? 

It's implied but wasn't made clear in the drama. It's basically a battle between the ancient gods who want to guide the devil fetus onto a path of righteousness vs the devil god who wants him to become the devil god and make the world chaotic. Devil God 2.0's backstory isn't very detailed, but he probably did try and rebel against his fate but failed. In each loop he would've tried to send someone back using the Mirror of the Past, but everyone failed except for LSS. The butterfly effect with LSS back in the past, and Tantai Jin surviving all the assassination attempts from his brother/subordinates/enemies etc. creates the Tantai Jin we now know.

It was said after they left the fleeting life dream that this was just an illusion, and he died 10,000 years ago. In the later episodes, we know he came out of the lightning curse and began planning for a future world where there may be another Devil God (helping to cleanse and hide the seal under the fountain, removing his heart protecting scale to create Xiaoyao Sect, creating the illusion while waiting for the devil's fetus etc.). He probably died from his wounds in the lightning curse plus using up all his powers.

Ah that makes sense.  Thanks underthestars.

No way would I have worked this out .  They could have explained it a bit better in the drama , but I guess it’s not trivial to the story that dg 2.0 was stuck in a loop lol

underthestars:

Because chinese dramas need to be sent to censors, the "final cut" is the sad ending. Any extra audio and clips are only marketing material and promotions that were recorded as special BTS for those that want a happy ending, but they're not considered part of the official drama.

"The Final Episode" is a full-fledged open ending. The other thing is how you interpret it. 

As for the "additional" episodes after the "official" ending in c-dramas, yes, it's marketing, but it's also a way to get around what the censors didn't allow in the final version of the drama, and it shouldn't be categorically ignored.

LoveDemonGodTTJ:

Ah that makes sense.  Thanks underthestars.

No way would I have worked this out .  They could have explained it a bit better in the drama , but I guess it’s not trivial to the story that dg 2.0 was stuck in a loop lol

I saw on weibo that there was a scene where Mingye was in the Devil palace and gave his powers to the evil bone(?) And he said "Now I've used up all my powers" and can only wait for the Devil fetus to come to the bottom of the Mo River (EP37/38) - might want to check that episode out again for details!

Maybe that also explains why Tantai Jin was able to be influenced to "become a good person", since he had some of Mingye's powers?

underthestars:

I saw on weibo that there was a scene where Mingye was in the Devil palace and gave his powers to the evil bone(?) And he said "Now I've used up all my powers" and can only wait for the Devil fetus to come to the bottom of the Mo River (EP37/38) - might want to check that episode out again for details!

Maybe that also explains why Tantai Jin was able to be influenced to "become a good person", since he had some of Mingye's powers?

How does MY know TTJ will come? I thought only Jizhe knows ? 

Actually wat happened to the devil bone after it’s been sealed by MY ? Coz TTJ was born with a new one or is it the original evil bone ?

LoveDemonGodTTJ:

How does MY know TTJ will come? I thought only Jizhe knows ? 

Actually wat happened to the devil bone after it’s been sealed by MY ? Coz TTJ was born with a new one or is it the original evil bone ?

The original.  When the heavenly pillar was destroyed the bone fell to the mortal world which was how TTJ was born.  

oceanstarjp:

The original.  When the heavenly pillar was destroyed the bone fell to the mortal world which was how TTJ was born.  

Thanks , then did MY know it wasn’t sealed and DG can be reborn again ?  Coz makes no sense all the god’s sacrificed themselves only for the DG to be reborn again 

LoveDemonGodTTJ:

Thanks , then did MY know it wasn’t sealed and DG can be reborn again ?  Coz makes no sense all the god’s sacrificed themselves only for the DG to be reborn again 

At that point MY knew that the future DG would be reborn which was why he set up the illusion.  He knew that Ji Ze saw the shadow of him and LSS in him and SJ.  So he used the last of his power to create that illusion to help TTJ understand love and goodness.  As for the seal, in the battle it was sealed and they thought they had killed ADG.  But remember, at the very last he rose up again and attacked MY and destroyed the heavenly pillar.  That's when the bone fell to the mortal world.  MY finally killed of ADG and repaired the pillar.  By then it would be impossible to find the bone in the mortal world.  So MY understood at the time why JiZe said what he said when he met SJ.  That's why after losing SJ he used the last of his divine power to create the illusion and left a wisp of his divine consciousness in the heart guarding scale to wait for TTJ.