Thank you! I really enjoyed the latest summary of TTJ and the artifact. He's a very dynamic character in the early episodes, constantly changing and reassessing. LYX did a tremendous job with his micro-expressions to express the different emotions of TTJ. I wish the script had kept up this story-telling level that is rooted in character instead of relying on misunderstandings in the later episodes. I can't wait to read part 2.

Part 1 of Tantai Jin reunion with Ye XiWu & the artifact sequence in the OG story

-XiWu found Tantai Jin on the ground about to be beaten by kids to avenge their puppy who died from his blood.

-Tantai Jin never though he would reunite her like this.  He wanted her to get lost but his pitiful condition prevented him from doing so.

-Seeing her helpless face after looking at his wounds, Tantai Jin said one of his iconic line: "If you want to laugh, laugh all you want." But she never did

-When Xiwu began tending his wound, Tantai Jin felt something akin to embarrassment immerge (hence the title of the chapter).  The evil bones were supposed to make him shameless, yet he started to feel this way despite of it.

-As XiWu helped him getting on her horse, Tantai Jin smelled the acacia flowers fragrance once more on her.  He tried to get away from it but he couldn't.

-Realizing that there must be a village nearby after seeing the kids, they traveled a till they reach to their destination.  As they going through the house to house after being rejected constantly, Tantai Jin was vigilant as he noticed there was no light nor livestock in the area and suspected it might be the bandits or  demons who caused this.

-The next house they tried, XiWu said she's a demon slayer passing by that made the owners hesitated.  They were about to reject their request until their granddaughter, the young girl from before, told them that she was strong that they let them stay.

-XiWu resumed healing his wounds while Tantai Jin continued  to feel the odd sensations where she'd touched him.

-He got scolded once more for asking Xiwu to capture the little girl for her eyes and had his face pinched.

-In the radio drama, Tantai Jin looked at the sleeping Xiwu while thinking back what she said as he was wondering why she's protecting him 

Part 2 of Tantai Jin reunion with Ye XiWu & the artifact sequence in the OG story 

-The elder couple explained to them about the young master who turned into demon and terrorized the village by forcing the villagers to hand over the women he called.

-After thinking carefully, she agreed to use a bait to lure him out.  The bait is Tantai Jin who saw no problem being disguised as a bride.

-During the dress up, XiWu humorously offered him some buns cause his chest was too flat while he  proudly countered back he would not be exposed so easily as he looked down at hers.

-Once he was dressed up, he figured that the young lord would probably used a knocked out drug to bring his chosen bride to him so he pretended to lost conscious and was taken away.

-After he was brought to the destination, he looked around and sensed the room was cast with the Evil Star Astray.  He met with the groom who acted like a mindless puppet.  Seeing XiWu hadn't caught up with him, Tantai Jin planned to take the young lord's eyes. 

-After taking his blinded eyed out, Tantai Jin discovered the young lord was already dead and the peach demon tree who controlled his corpse had no eyes nor flesh.  As he tried to to deal with it, but his blood wasn't enough to stop it.

-As the tree demon trapped him & XiWu, it was revealed he developed a severed case of mistrust due to being abandon constantly as he gripped tight onto her making she didn't leave him as all the others.

- After a while, he finally decided to let go and worked together to kill the demon by helping her set up the formation while he distracted it with his blood.

-Tantai Jin sensed something in the demon and allowed himself to be swallowed by it to obtain it which was the lost artifact, The Topple World Flower.

-He was unconscious throughout Susu process in transferring the cursed artifact into her mortal after it recognized him as his new master.  The only thing he remembered was the soft lips he felt and this was the first time he felt the sexual/intimate desires to capture the soft feeling.  It was powerful uenough to make him forget his caretaker temptation, his resentment towards Xiao Lin even his quest for power.

-He had no idea what she had to sacrifice and upheld her promise to protect him since he thought the artifact replaced his eye until the climax of the mortal realm.  

-Even though he told her that he'll leave her in the village to fend for herself , he stayed with her until she delivered the sad news about the elder couple's granddaughter

Thank you soo much for all this! It seems like TTJ was more heartless and unfeeling in the OG than the drama!

LLX is such an amazing actor! The emotions conveyed by his eyes alone was sooo heartfelt

Paige77:

Thank you soo much for all this! It seems like TTJ was more heartless and unfeeling in the OG than the drama!

LLX is such an amazing actor! The emotions conveyed by his eyes alone was sooo heartfelt

You're  welcome! Tantai Jin in the OG is much darker and very different from LXY portrayal.   He was the main villain in the mortal act who did many terrible things and his relationships with the 2nd ML & 2nd FL is the total opposite (XL=wanted to kill him so he can have what he had despite he never bullied him, YBC=he mistaken his gratitude for affection that he wanted her and treated her with more affection).   His tangles with them are also the reasons Ye Xiwu/Li Susu hated him and didn't forgive him for a long time for the trauma he caused her.  

Due to China censorship, the production team was only allowed few of his unstable Yandare characters on screen.

The Radio drama and the manhua versions don't have the same restrictions, so they have no trouble following the original story.

@thingnguyen62 wow! I am going to check d manhua asap

Paige77:

@thingnguyen62 wow! I am going to check d manhua asap

Great here is the link with the history of the adaptation

Link to the manhua

& to the radio drama.  Just to let you know no one has translated it yet

Link to the radio drama

Yay! Thank you i started the manhua!!! ??

Paige77:

Yay! Thank you i started the manhua!!! ??

You're welcome.  

If you want to know about Ye BingChang in the OG, she is more selfish, insecure, and self-centered.  Her mother is still alive and has a full-blooded younger brother, but she could care less about them.  She wanted to be the empress at all costs and seduce powerful men with her love treads to see who the winner is.  Unlike the drama, she didn't love XL despite being loyal and faithful to her.  She used his last gift, the Hidden Dragon Guards, to her advantages and frame then try to kill Xiwu who was in her way.  

The novel didn't explained why Tantai Jin tortured her after the tower sequence except for the Dragon Guards, but the radio format clarified that he had found out about her scheme with the 8th prince, tricking him thinking Xiwu has the Dragon guards which lead to her death.  He forced her to reveal where she had gotten the heart scale protection with Nian Muning (Baiyu's older sister and his loyal servant who often watched over Xiwu) who gladly participate in the snake torture to vent her hatred and revenge against her (Baiyu died because of YBC).  The format added Tantai Jin finally defending Xiwu after BingChang blamed her for ruin her charms over men before shutting the chamber where she begged to let her out.  

@thingnguyen oh wow! Seriously??? It seems like the drama has made most of thr characters less evil... thank you so much for taking the time to explain :) ❤

Paige77:

@thingnguyen oh wow! Seriously??? It seems like the drama has made most of thr characters less evil... thank you so much for taking the time to explain :) ❤

No there were a few changes in the drama from good to bad in the drama.  TTJ nanny, Lan An, was much more sympathetic in the OG during her alliance with TTML.  Unlike the drama, she was forced for real to betray TTJ for Yue Fuya who was her son in the book.  She couldn't bare see him torture anymore so she ordered the clan to protect him when she finally turned against TTML and sacrificed herself so TTJ could escape.   Her death made TTJ feel more insecure of being abandon during the artifact sequence

Thingnguyen62:

No there were a few changes in the drama from good to bad in the drama.  TTJ nanny, Lan An, was much more sympathetic in the OG during her alliance with TTML.  Unlike the drama, she was forced for real to betray TTJ for Yue Fuya who was her son in the book.  She couldn't bare see him torture anymore so she ordered the clan to protect him when she finally turned against TTML and sacrificed herself so TTJ could escape.   Her death made TTJ feel more insecure of being abandon during the artifact sequence

Ohhh.. thank you so much for clarifying... just started ur fanfic on wattpad! ❤️❤️

Paige77:

Ohhh.. thank you so much for clarifying... just started ur fanfic on wattpad! ??

Wow! thank you so much.  Hope you enjoyed it.  I plan to release the next chapter either this week or the next.  Really busy with my new work 

Thingnguyen62:

Wow! thank you so much.  Hope you enjoyed it.  I plan to release the next chapter either this week or the next.  Really busy with my new work 

I did!!! I love it!!!! Dying for the next!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️‍?

Paige77:

I did!!! I love it!!!! Dying for the next!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️‍?

Thank you! I tried my best to add more elements from the book & for Susu to have a more prominent role in the demon domain act like the OG.  I want Mo NV to have a proper redemption which will have a profound affect for both her younger sisters (in the drama, Susu & Si Ying are kinda of step/half sisters, but neither knew this fact) that will link to the ending to the HE.

If you are interested, I'll write why the tower scene is famous in the OG and how it impact TTJ.