The explanation by caratrighthere from the cmt section

"I am not putting spoiler tag because people in comment section is not grasping what novel reader saying repeatedly!! ITS NOT THEIR PAST LIFE!!
This ming ye arc is not arc but a "Dream of dragon"
Dragon is in his "dream of past life".
ML and FL leads entered dream of the dragon.ML and FL nothing to do with ming ye and sang jiu. Dragon is ming ye and his wife is sang jiu.
As ML and FL entered "dragon dream" and relive there life and emotions.
Now coming to why dragon choose both of them to relive as Ming ye and sang jiu!
Sang jiu wants to make FL aware of importance to making decisions and get blinded by love
Ming ye/ dragon wants to make ML aware by importance of love and regret after loosing love one!

Now importance of this dream arc!
In novel, after this dream ML started to feel emotions for FL and never letting her go away from him "

Thanks! Was wondering whether someone will put this up here so won’t need to keep being repeated. Nice!

TTJ and YZW became lovey dovey after this dream!  I still prefer both bickering all the time like an old couple.

Hmmm ? but how come Jize god of time saw li susu/ye ziwu‘s future when he first laid eyes on sang jiu ? And gave her an advice for the future something along the lines of “don’t forget what you believe in”??? That would make it appear like sangjiu was li susu’s past reincarnation……

TallestGrass:

Hmmm ? but how come Jize god of time saw li susu/ye ziwu‘s future when he first laid eyes on sang jiu ? And gave her an advice for the future something along the lines of “don’t forget what you believe in”??? That would make it appear like sangjiu was li susu’s past reincarnation……

At this dream arc, Li SuSu is re-living as Sang Jiu in Ming Ye’s memory. JiZe can see passed that and knew who is inside Sang Jiu. Hence he said, “Ming Ye, Sang Jiu  won’t know but you and I will know.” So it’s not a reincarnation. JiZe just know he will meet SuSu and gave her the advice, 500years later.

Megumi-H:

At this dream arc, Li SuSu is re-living as Sang Jiu in Ming Ye’s memory. JiZe can see passed that and knew who is inside Sang Jiu. Hence he said, “Ming Ye, Sang Jiu  won’t know but you and I will know.” So it’s not a reincarnation. JiZe just know he will meet SuSu and gave her the advice, 500years later.

Correct.  In the dream arc, MY and SJ choose the person to relive their lives, not TTJ and YZW.  

This explanation make sense and helps in understanding,  thanks

Why is it that SJ has demonic energy in this dream arc? Is it relevant to the rest of the story?

Ok, thanks for the explanation. It makes sense, but this late episodes are anyway a bit boring... I hope it ends soon :)

earlgreytea:

Why is it that SJ has demonic energy in this dream arc? Is it relevant to the rest of the story?

It's relevant because that's how Li Su Su finds out how to extract the evil bone from Tantai Jin by switching it with her divine marrow.

Can we edit the top post to explain why we need to go through the dream arc as people do not seem to get it (in additional with the awesome stuffs up there). The important of the dream arc in the book is so that MY doesn’t go evil and help TTJ in his war against the sheng kingdom. What he learned from it is how someone who could have the power to do whatever he like, would choose to ignore such power and chasing something so pointless as love. At this point in time, TTJ would still go for power and he even promised to himself he won’t be like MY.

In the drama, apart from stopping MY to go dark and aiding TTJ, they need to go through it because it’s part of the 3 keys (a dream, a tear, and a thread) to unlock the 9 nails to destroy TTJ’s evil bones.

then highlighted that after that initial reasons why we need to go through the dream, we learn that the dream arc is very important to LSS’s mission later on in destroying TTJ’s evil bones :)

TTJ could only learn to feel in a dream. The first one was the nightmare. He could only dream after entering the maid's dream. After that, he also shed a tears.

Regarding Ming Ye, I know TTJ was not MY's reincarnation in the book,  but I won't completely rule out the possibility for the drama version.

The dream arc is even more important in the drama, because the 12 gods actually took an active part in preventing the rise of the next demon god. 

My theory is that TTJ really had MY's face (probably just to troll him). Due to this and how SJ turned into a demon, MY made an arrangement to prevent a BE for this version of himself. 

Ji Ze and Chun Huang probably even know more than MY.

Fujisaku:

TTJ could only learn to feel in a dream. The first one was the nightmare. He could only dream after entering the maid's dream. After that, he also shed a tears.

Regarding Ming Ye, I know TTJ was not MY's reincarnation in the book,  but I won't completely rule out the possibility for the drama version.

The dream arc is even more important in the drama, because the 12 gods actually took an active part in preventing the rise of the next demon god. 

My theory is that TTJ really had MY's face (probably just to troll him). Due to this and how SJ turned into a demon, MY made an arrangement to prevent a BE for this version of himself. 

Ji Ze and Chun Huang probably even know more than MY.

The dream arc is nothing but a cosplay universe for TTJ, LSS, XL and YBC.