Fujisaku:

TTJ could only learn to feel in a dream. The first one was the nightmare. He could only dream after entering the maid's dream. After that, he also shed a tears.

Regarding Ming Ye, I know TTJ was not MY's reincarnation in the book,  but I won't completely rule out the possibility for the drama version.

The dream arc is even more important in the drama, because the 12 gods actually took an active part in preventing the rise of the next demon god. 

My theory is that TTJ really had MY's face (probably just to troll him). Due to this and how SJ turned into a demon, MY made an arrangement to prevent a BE for this version of himself. 

Ji Ze and Chun Huang probably even know more than MY.

What you mentioned, is a nice theory. However I felt that the drama followed closely to the core essence of the novel. So it’s not TTJ or LSS’s past lives. It is the clairvoyant of MY to plot this for TTJ and LSS to experience it so they can gain valuable learning from the experience. As you watched on what happened in the dream arc, gave LSS ideas on how to finally drew out TTJ’s evil bone. Sadly, (spoiler), they didn’t get together in mortal arc, hopefully they do 500 years later.

I didn't say whether it's reincarnation or not. However, the reincarnation theory couldn't be ruled out because at this point, unlike in the book, MY's had died. 

Another possibility, TTJ was not a reincarnation, but was born with MY's face. This is because, in the flashback, this ancient demon god didn't look like TTJ. Idk why it's important for him to show TTJ's face to MY. Probably, he just trolled MY out of spite by creating a vessel that looked like MY. It could be that MY saw a stranger's face, but it could also be that it was MY's face. This is just a theory.

One thing for sure is that Ji Ze and MY (probably Chun Huang also) made a self fulfilled prophecy, because the dream had been arranged beforehand. When Susu entered the dream, Ji Ze and Chun Huang even reminded her of her mission. It likely that Ji Ze, the god of time, had read the future and, together with MY, took a precautionary measures.

MY in the book just wanted to share his story. Hopefully, the younglings would take an inspiration. However, MY in the drama was fulfilling his duty to protect the world. He gave Susu the tears, but secretly unwilling to let her use it. Eventually, it was MY's scale that protected TTJ from the nails.

It's also relevant for LSS to understand what being treated like a lowlife and to be misunderstood feels like just because she was a demon (helps her understand TTJ's perspective). It also helps TTJ understand love and comradeship as well as what responsibility is, and that there is a choice between saving the world and becoming the Devil God. He doesn't have to succumb to his own destiny, he can try and fight it.

The thing that made me confused as to wonder if this was their past lives was when Ji Ze, god of time, saw LSS and recognised her and made a statement for Ming Ye and Sang Jiu.

Also, at one point Ming Ye almost turned evil so you can understand the confusion. Plus, the ancient devil God had MY's face.

If it weren't for the comment section, I'd be confused about so many things. :P

ColourMePurple:

The thing that made me confused as to wonder if this was their past lives was when Ji Ze, god of time, saw LSS and recognised her and made a statement for Ming Ye and Sang Jiu.

Also, at one point Ming Ye almost turned evil so you can understand the confusion. Plus, the ancient devil God had MY's face.

If it weren't for the comment section, I'd be confused about so many things. :P

Ji Ze, God of time can see beyond. Hence he has the clairvoyance to see the future destiny but he can’t change it, he can only prompt them. So he made a statement to remin LSS of her primary goal.

Ming Ye and Devil God actually look different and different person. But for this drama as TTJ is re-living MY’s life hence TTJ’s face is used. It’s MY who saw at the end of war that the Devil God has TTJ’s face. So hence TTJ is the chosen one to go into MY’s dream. MY wants TTJ to experience love.

It can be confusing if one not paying attention as so much happening, so hopefully this discussion thread can be useful to clarify some plot points. This drama moved to fast, it’s still a long story to be consolidated into 40ep. Too much to cover to make a coherent story.

Megumi-H:
It’s MY who saw at the end of war that the Devil God has TTJ’s face. So hence TTJ is the chosen one to go into MY’s dream. MY wants TTJ to experience love.

This was helpful! Thanks!

But this brings me to a new question. When LSS is explaining to TTJ that he is the devil god, why does he not believe her. He must have noticed his face on the ancient devil god right?

ColourMePurple:

This was helpful! Thanks!

But this brings me to a new question. When LSS is explaining to TTJ that he is the devil god, why does he not believe her. He must have noticed his face on the ancient devil god right?

That’s a great qns, I also wonder that too. Some commenters said it is a drama continuity error due to editing. TTJ would have seen the Devil’s face as MY in the dream and why he didn’t recognise.

My thoughts are: TTJ is always suspicious of MY’s intention, so maybe he didn’t fully trust what he saw in MY’s dream. Or during the tower scene, TTJ was so desperate to object LSS’s accusation in fear she will leave him. He just said he disbelieve it. Or he is so shock with the sequence of events and what LSS is saying or doing that he has no time to process. Up to speculation. As for the novel, the tower scene is written slightly differently. If you interested, can read the novel?

Megumi-H:

That’s a great qns, I also wonder that too. Some commenters said it is a drama continuity error due to editing. TTJ would have seen the Devil’s face as MY in the dream and why he didn’t recognise.

My thoughts are: TTJ is always suspicious of MY’s intention, so maybe he didn’t fully trust what he saw in MY’s dream. Or during the tower scene, TTJ was so desperate to object LSS’s accusation in fear she will leave him. He just said he disbelieve it. Or he is so shock with the sequence of events and what LSS is saying or doing that he has no time to process. Up to speculation. As for the novel, the tower scene is written slightly differently. If you interested, can read the novel?

TTJ was in denial but he did see his face as the Evil God.  

Megumi-H:

Where can I read it?

In the end, LSS showed him everything from the future so he was in denial then that it is not him. But she was being cruel saying she hates him. :(

ColourMePurple:

Where can I read it?

In the end, LSS showed him everything from the future so he was in denial then that it is not him. But she was being cruel saying she hates him. :(

The book link is in another discussion thread. You can read the it around chapter 75 onwards that will lead to the tower scene.

Deep down I don’t think LSS hates him, if she does, she wouldn’t sacrifice herself for him. Maybe saying those words, she doesn’t want TTJ to hold on to her after she is dead?. She does know TTJ can be obsessed.

Re-watching the dream arc. In my opinion it’s a smart choice that the production team has cast LYX and BL to be MY and SJ. They could have cast different actor or actress for the role as they were different characters. But casting the same casts, allowed the viewers to see the great acting skills for these two actors and also it build a connection between the four characters. Loving more of the dream arc now.