Novel and screen play are always different. Tolerance level also different. It can be subjective. So far I can tolerate the novel. And I love how it is play out in drama. As audience I feel that I can sympathize more with the characters. Except YBC, they really make her so extreme. Like she turn bad and just remains like that. Pity the actress, not a likeable role.

Megumi-H:

Novel and screen play are always different. Tolerance level also different. It can be subjective. So far I can tolerate the novel. And I love how it is play out in drama. As audience I feel that I can sympathize more with the characters. Except YBC, they really make her so extreme. Like she turn bad and just remains like that. Pity the actress, not a likeable role.

I only read a very small part of the novel but I can say drama YBC wasn't flesh out enough. I think her scenes got cut off a lot so we only see her bad deeds. She is pitiful because as a daughter of concubine she was treated badly since birth. Her life background is similar with TTJ. We love TTJ because the drama give us a complete details of his life while we only presented with he bad side of YBC.

YBC will have a 3rd life which wasn't in the novel where she tried to compensate XL's incarnation. Let's see how she pays for her mistakes

NiangNiang:

I only read a very small part of the novel but I can say drama YBC wasn't flesh out enough. I think her scenes got cut off a lot so we only see her bad deeds. She is pitiful because as a daughter of concubine she was treated badly since birth. Her life background is similar with TTJ. We love TTJ because the drama give us a complete details of his life while we only presented with he bad side of YBC.

YBC will have a 3rd life which wasn't in the novel where she tried to compensate XL's incarnation. Let's see how she pays for her mistakes

Agreed. This drama has change YBC’s character arc. Let’s see when it reach the immortal arc.

Dashmount20:

which minute?

27 minute mark. The scene after YBC walks around after maid was stabbed. TTJ is shown on horseback.

liarsh:

27 minute mark. The scene after YBC walks around after maid was stabbed. TTJ is shown on horseback.

The sub was wrong. Here goes: TTJ was on the horse riding, he was thinking of what had happened earlier, the female voice is YingXin saying to him “you monster, why are you back. Why are you still alive.”
Then the male voice is the Sheng Emperor saying, “you will die in terrible death, you are jinx.”

Megumi-H:

The sub was wrong. Here goes: TTJ was on the horse riding, he was thinking of what had happened earlier, the female voice is YingXin saying to him “you monster, why are you back. Why are you still alive.”
Then the male voice is the Sheng Emperor saying, “you will die in terrible death, you are jinx.”

Thank you so much

Hi, i'd like to know what happen to YBC in the novel. That is, when YBC dies in prison, is that really really really the end of her? Or she somehow survives and returns to do more harm again?!

AnastasiaWun:

Hi, i'd like to know what happen to YBC in the novel. That is, when YBC dies in prison, is that really really really the end of her? Or she somehow survives and returns to do more harm again?!

In the novel TTJ prison her in a snakes cave and let her dies slowly by the snakes.

NiangNiang:

In the novel TTJ prison her in a snakes cave and let her dies slowly by the snakes. 

is that THE end of her? Total write off from story? Or does she come back as something else to do harm all over again?  

AnastasiaWun:

is that THE end of her? Total write off from story? Or does she come back as something else to do harm all over again?  

That is the end of her. No YBC in the immortal world.

after YXW dies, what happens to TTJ, her family, Pian Ran and lover?

AnastasiaWun:

after YXW dies, what happens to TTJ, her family, Pian Ran and lover?

After YXW dies, TTJ keeps her body for 1 month in his Chambers not letting her go. Then he goes to the Ghost river to search for her soul for 500 years. Pian Ran and YQY - Pian Ran dies, but TTJ saves a small part of her soul and gives it to YQY, who in turn uses 500 years to make Pian Ran into her original fox form, alas she does not remember anything from before. Ye family is dead.

Alicetcfwl:

After YXW dies, TTJ keeps her body for 1 month in his Chambers not letting her go. Then he goes to the Ghost river to search for her soul for 500 years. Pian Ran and YQY - Pian Ran dies, but TTJ saves a small part of her soul and gives it to YQY, who in turn uses 500 years to make Pian Ran into her original fox form, alas she does not remember anything from before. Ye family is dead.

How did Ye family perish? naturally by Old age or killed by TTJ?

AnastasiaWun:

How did Ye family perish? naturally by Old age or killed by TTJ?

Xiao Ye died in the battlefield. Grandma Ye died of old age being cared for and by YQY

Thanks for all the above answers. BTW, in the novel, does the deposed villain brother succeed in becoming demon and won back his land? Or he and the priestess finally get killed by TTJ?