Pytheos:

Wow! China is a huge country le,,, These 3 places offer different sights, sounds and food ( hee2)…

1. Xi an and/or Chengdu ( this is doable via train) Xian can b boring if u aren’t a history buff… but if going to Chengdu, do try juzhaigou! It’s not far fr CD. Me going there soon.. 

2) Guilin and Guangxi/GuangZhou area ( scenery , gZ great good food!)  I hv been to GZ but not the other 2. Heard Guilin is hilly unlike our Singapore bukit batok @jojoas?

or 3) Shanghai Nanjing Suzhou. This is a good itinerary! Suzhou is beautiful ancient city.. If I were to go again, I wd go SH- Suzhou and Hangzhou?…. Food is fantastic!

I love spicy food  and ok to try all sort of different flavors. 

Xi An is one of those places like beijing for me. Go there to punch card. Hahah. Im a little curious. But im not a history buff. I read the main attractions are the terracotta warriors and the city wall? CD i didnt find much.

JiuZhaiGou really? Ok i go research more how to get there! The travel sites are all introducing very beautiful mountains and scenery. Do u mean take a train from xian to chengdu? I was looking at flights and i cant seem to do a long stop over on the way down from jilin. Got to buy a separate ticket. 

I came across a travel site which actually says not to go guangzhou cos theres nothing to see. Where in GZ did u think was worth visiting? (Im cantonese so a bit wanna go there.)

Actually i have never gone to xiao guilin at bt batok. Hahahah.. 

Shanghai SZ and NJ areas i have been. I stayed a month in Suzhou for work many years back. Yeah there are many gardens there and i really like the water town. The cities are all relatively closer so i hope to save time on travelling. Are there more family friendly attractions there instead of scenery and gardens? My impression of that place is outdated already but overall quite nice! I remember their fish dishes are FULL  of bones cos they are freshwater. *choke*

Pytheos:

Wow! China is a huge country le,,, These 3 places offer different sights, sounds and food ( hee2)…

1. Xi an and/or Chengdu ( this is doable via train) Xian can b boring if u aren’t a history buff… but if going to Chengdu, do try juzhaigou! It’s not far fr CD. Me going there soon.. 

2) Guilin and Guangxi/GuangZhou area ( scenery , gZ great good food!)  I hv been to GZ but not the other 2. Heard Guilin is hilly unlike our Singapore bukit batok @jojoas?

or 3) Shanghai Nanjing Suzhou. This is a good itinerary! Suzhou is beautiful ancient city.. If I were to go again, I wd go SH- Suzhou and Hangzhou?…. Food is fantastic!

I love spicy food  and ok to try all sort of different flavors.  Weird thing is I like the numb tongue experience ?

Sob don’t remind me about Jiuzhaigou. My daughter said make no sense to travel so far and rush in one day sob sob I told her I will feel regret but agree with her. Actually “half half”agree with her….

Maybe both of us should make a trip together hahahhaha

ChunTian:

Ladies, look what popped up on my X feed. 

Apparently Xixi replied to a fan's Chengdu post! But for Xixi to see that poset, that would have to be a weibo account right?

https://x.com/endlessnine09/status/1796437437264347608?t=uDmqVTcGjN7N6BrtYAIahQ&s=08

This person is going for his concert I think. So lucky so lucky. Should I ask him where to go hahahaha not that he will reply me 

joas:

Charcoal pills! Wah.. I didnt think of preparing that. I gotto note it down.

I thought of going to see the mountains too but the travelling is long. China is huge.. Im going to get complaints from my family. I wish i was going ALONE! Ahhh.. so thats why im hesitant about guilin too. Xi an has terracotta but dunno what else. Like ur daughter, my sons have zero interest in sightseeing. They just like amusement parks.  

Yes i think southern cuisine is more suitable for us. I like mala hot pot but i dont like to kill my tongue cells. Ahhahaha 

i was in beijing earlier this year for 3 days so not much impression of the people. Just went to the famous sights and no plans to go again. The city is impeccable and police standing at every corner. 

How come u quarrelled over hengdian? Wasnt it planned in ur itinerary already?

Looking forward to ur photos!

Bring some probiotic too. This you must try earlier before the trip in order to work. Charcoal pill for just in case. I also packed flu and cough medicine just in case and vitamin C and stuff. I want to enjoy my trip. I had bad experience before so hahahaha 

I wish I am brave enough to travel alone. I need a travel partner but cannot find. No luck on this part.

My girl is grown up so a little easier for sigh seeing just no drama stuff and more shopping.

My friend? Yeah I told I want to go there she argues and said I don’t watch Chinese drama ok. I told her I don’t want to go already but too bad everything booked. But if I am rich enough I will just cancel it.

Hopefully my photo will not bore you.

Speaking about IG look like XiXi won’t use it until he travels however he has another account am not sure if his staff or fan whom update for him.

I can’t remember my own itinerary as it’s a bit of rojak private tour. But i remember u can take train fr Xian to CD.. and coach to the national park. The park has 19 lakes?‍?https://www.chinahighlights.com/jiuzhaigou/. My parents went there almost 2 decades ago, the photos❤️‍?❤️‍?.  Normally people would go Xian and Luoyang but if u have small kids, hmm Luoyang is not exciting.  I am a Cantonese too, so a visit to ‘ancestor’ land is our punchcard.. haha.  The food is amazing, friendly peeps but u need to travel out of city to enjoy the scenery. Architectural wise is so so, they don’t have great walls and brick warriors, fabulous shopping, haha . In dec, beautiful Flowers everywhere and weather are superb. I remember eating ice creams  ( endorsed by Lulu!) on a bench and yakking away. A couple waved at us and hollered ‘ We r fr Singapore too’ haha.. People on car free shopping street stared at us haha. @ Joas, couldn’t be  u, right? 

Fiona_HOD:

Sob don’t remind me about Jiuzhaigou. My daughter said make no sense to travel so far and rush in one day sob sob I told her I will feel regret but agree with her. Actually “half half”agree with her….

Maybe both of us should make a trip together hahahhaha

Yea, travelling takes up time! Esp if u don’t plan to go few times, then it’s best to b selective. Haha, u ll vomit blood if travel with me. Am like a puteri ???, lazy bum

Pytheos:

Yea, travelling takes up time! Esp if u don’t plan to go few times, then it’s best to b selective. Haha, u ll vomit blood if travel with me. Am like a puteri ???, lazy bum

Lol my problem is bad in direction hahahahaha

Fiona_HOD:

Lol my problem is bad in direction hahahahaha

My problem is that im not a foodie. I will not queue or travel for food. I can make do with fast food. Actually i will not queue for a lot of stuff.  

Hahaha but im good with directions. 

Aiyoh. Ur friend ah... 

Pytheos:

I can’t remember my own itinerary as it’s a bit of rojak private tour. But i remember u can take train fr Xian to CD.. and coach to the national park. The park has 19 lakes?‍?https://www.chinahighlights.com/jiuzhaigou/. My parents went there almost 2 decades ago, the photos❤️‍?❤️‍?.  Normally people would go Xian and Luoyang but if u have small kids, hmm Luoyang is not exciting.  I am a Cantonese too, so a visit to ‘ancestor’ land is our punchcard.. haha.  The food is amazing, friendly peeps but u need to travel out of city to enjoy the scenery. Architectural wise is so so, they don’t have great walls and brick warriors, fabulous shopping, haha . In dec, beautiful Flowers everywhere and weather are superb. I remember eating ice creams  ( endorsed by Lulu!) on a bench and yakking away. A couple waved at us and hollered ‘ We r fr Singapore too’ haha.. People on car free shopping street stared at us haha. @ Joas, couldn’t be  u, right? 

Oh that sounds really nice! 

joas:
My problem is that im not a foodie. I will not queue or travel for food. I can make do with fast food. Actually i will not queue for a lot of stuff.  

I am a foodie and relatively ok with directions. So still quite ok for me. 

But if the Q is crazy, I will not Q. But usually when travelling we should be able to eat during the off peak or earlier time slots where the Q is still decent. For directions I will check out the route before setting out so I don't look too touristy with Mr Google speaking to me. LOL

Pytheos:

Puteri = Lazy Bum? LOL 

As in you like to sleep in instead of being up at 6am to be on the road?

It is true that unless one plans to keep returning to a country / city, just pick out the key must visit sites of that place and skip the rest unfortunately.

Fiona_HOD:
This round will be with my daughter.  Sad that I don’t have a travel buddy. Someone who have things in common.  

Definitely no separate itinerary then since it is with your child.

joas:

Aiyoh. Ur friend ah... 

Have u tried  planning the trip using ctrip site?  It’s in Chinese, no problem for u.  Oh boy, this princess kawan worse, no sense of direction, not a foodie but willing to try new flavors and no stamina to hike.. haha not a shopper anymore too…  I like nice architecture,  good weather, convenience and kind local people. Errr no la, not our friends. But it was super cool to see friendly cp. haha u can usually ‘smell and see’ us locals everywhere in the world.. as if v are dat rich

ChunTian:

Puteri = Lazy Bum? LOL 

As in you like to sleep in instead of being up at 6am to be on the road?

It is true that unless one plans to keep returning to a country / city, just pick out the key must visit sites of that place and skip the rest unfortunately.

Puteri means princess?… lazy is malas.. so ok I edited to puteri malas???

joas:

Aiyoh. Ur friend ah... 

What to do not everyone like cdramas and go filming places like me. I go for food and sights actually. I don’t like shopping. But I tolerate if not everyone argues. But to queue definitely u will grumble hahaha