Generally, chapter titles are used to send the main content or message of the corresponding chapter.

At first, I didn't pay attention to the title of the chapers in "Lost you forever" at all. 

The more I read this novel, the more I find that Tong Hua intended to send hidden messages or stories via the chapter title. It is not just a sentence used for the title. Behind each chapter title is a poem with its own story which will tell the reader addional information which may not be found or easily interpreted in the main chapter body. 

Therefore, I make this topic to collect all the information about poems which used as source for chapter titles in "Lost you forever" (aka, eternal yearning).

This topic is restricted to subjects which directly links to those chapter titles. Only relevant and suitable information is welcome!

Chapter 48 心有千千结  (the heart has a thousand knots)

In this chapter, CX and XY was brought to Wushen Mountain after XY killed themselves by the poison. CX was detoxicated. XY was placed in a blood spelled Shell. Later CX brought her with the shell to Jade Mountain. XL came there to save XY and broke the last connection between them (i.e, he lured and killed the Lovers' bug)

The content of the poem implied (Xiang) Liu [Willow] saved XY (the flower of spring - XY = peach blossom, a symbol of spring). Their love is difficult to break, (but he broke the last connection by killing the bug). The event happened at night and finished by the early morning (night has passed, moon has gone which corresponding to the moment everything was done and he left Jade Mountain in the dawn)

"Thousands of year" by Zhang Xian

A few cuckoo chirping
。        It's also announced that good season for botany is about to end
  Chop all fading flower branches to save the spring. 
,        Drizzle but strong wind,
。       The plum fruit is still green  
,                  Yong Fang Willow
.  Bloom with flowers like flying snow all day long despite no human support

。         Do not bring out the pipa to play  
。         The sound of the strings can express the extreme sadness
,                   The sky never gets old  
。                   Love is also difficult to break    
,         The heart is like double silk net
。          It has a thousand knots 
,                    The night has passed
     The eastern window is not yet bright, the waning moon has gone

Note: Yong Fang Willow implies a stand-alone willow , a lonely person

During the Tang Dynasty, in Yong Fang ward in Luoyang, there was a savage garden. In the southwest corner of the garden there is a lonely willow tree. Bai Yuyi's poem: "永豐西角荒園裏,盡日無人屬阿誰 (In a west corner of the wild garden in Yongfang ward, All day long none came to see). Later, the poet used the word Yongfang willow to refer to the willow in the garden, implying a lonely woman with no support

Reference: Bài thơ: Thiên thu tuế - 千秋歲 (Trương Tiên - 張先) (thivien.net) 

Vol 3 Ch11 (Chapter 44): 故人心易变 Familiar person's heart changes easily

In this chapter, XY returned to Shennong Mountain with clearer thought. She asked CX to arrange the new leader for Tushan clan's business. Later she opened a clinic in Zhjyi and investigated who wanted to kill her. Xin Yue's 2nd attempt to kill XY. The literal meaning of the chapter title refers to the change of Xin Yue's interation to XY. 

纳兰性德 - Song poem of Magnolia by Na Lan Xing De from the Qing dynasty 

,If life is just like the first time
。The autumn wind will not make the fan sad
*,Like idle change refuses the old friend's heart
*。But the way is that familiar person's heart changes easily

,The talk in Lishan is just over at midnight
。Night rain and the bell never complains
,how about your heartless my darling
。how about the connection vow like wing to wing, branch to branch on that day?

(*): means old friend. however, the Kaola translation used the term "familiar person" for that. Therefore, this term is used in the phrase containing the chapter title. 

This is an song poem expressing the resentment of woman after breaking up with a man who hasn't seen her again for a long time. 

Jing was missing in the previous chapter. It doesn't mean his heart changed. So this poem does not indicate him. 

We see hints of  "connection vow like wing to wing, branch to branch". Who had such connection with her? It's XL. XL rescued XY from the water vortex in previous chapter (43). Who complained whom for his/her heart's change

Reference: Bài thơ: Mộc lan hoa lệnh - Nghĩ cổ quyết tuyệt từ giản hữu - 木蘭花令-擬古決絕詞柬友 (Nạp Lan Tính Đức - 納蘭性德) (thivien.net) 

Chapter 47 (Vol 3 - Chapter 14): 道凄凉,谁说 (The way is desolate, talk to whom)

XY returned to Shennong mountain and try to find out who assisted TJH to kill Jing. Finally, she figured out that was CX who was behind the plot. She wanted to take revenge of his betray to her trust. However, she also thought that she was partly the reason's for CX's mistake. She poisoned CX and herself to kill herself. In the end, she spared CX's life

The title is referred to the below poem:

夜行船 [Night Boat] by 侯善渊 Hou Shan Yuan from Yuan dynasty

可惜芳年穷妙理。           It's a pity that I have poor ideas in my youth
中途滞、教门无主。      Got stuck halfway, the sect has no owner
凄凉故人*疏淡,The temple way is desolate, the old friend (*) became distant
那更暮天愁雨。                It even gets more darker, and sadly rains

块坐宾横空无语。          Spanned in the sky, a group of guests are sitting, speechless
赤心诉、委。      Empty heart complains, who knows the origin (i.e., the cause)
拂袖归山,碧溪深处, Shake the sleeves out of anger, back to the mountain, deep in jade-green stream,
说不尽、离愁若许。     Too much to say, maybe it's as if the pain of separation

Note (*) 故人: means people that you have known before 

Literal meaning: CX killed Jing, betraying XY's trust on him. Her trustful gege had changed. Grandfather also hid the truth from her. She is alone on her life (way) which she now could not share to anyone. 

Beneath meaning: She got stuck. She trusted CX so much, treasured him. After knowing what he did, she didn't know how to punish him and take proper revenge. She carried so much pain of separation to all 故人 (to "old" CX, Jing and maybe XL as well (she vowed not to see him forever in the previous chapter)). At the end, she "shake the sleeve out of anger" - committed suicide as the way to escape.

Reference: 夜行船原文_侯善渊_古诗词网 (gushici.net) 

Note: So this translation is my attempt with help from some translation tool and Chinese dictionary. You may take a look to correct some possible mistranslation

Vol 3-Ch10  (Chapter 43) 日日思君不见君  - Thinking of My Dearest Daily to No Avail

卜 算子[1]   [李之仪]:     Song of Divination [ Li Zhiyi]

我住长江*[2],       I live up stream of the long river
君住长江尾[3]。    You live downstream of the long river
日日思君不见君,Thinking of My Dearest Daily to No Avail (used the translation by Kaola)
共饮长江水。           We together drink water from the long river

此水几时休[4],    Will this river ever stop flowing
此恨何时已。          when will this hatred be over
只愿君心似我心,Wish that your heart like mine
定不负相思意[5]。Be sure not let down our lovesickness

Note: 

(*)长江 literal means long river which is used in this poem. Additionally, is also name of the longest river in China (another name is Yangtze/Yangzi) 

: is also the title of the novel in Chinese (literal means eternal or long lovesickness). 

Annotation
[1]卜算子:According to the "rhyme scheme for ci poetry", the name of a tone is derived from "a person who sells divination and fortune telling."
[2]长江头:refers to the upstream of the long river。
[3]长江尾:refers to the downstream of the long river
[4]休:exhausted;stop。
[5]“只愿”二句:The two sentences "I only wish" are used to express my feelings in Gu Zhe's "Confession of My Heart", which means "exchange my heart for your heart, only then do I know how deep our memories are."

Song of Divination [1]

Li Zhiyi
I live upstream and you downstream.
From night to night of you I dream.
Unlike the stream you’re not in view,
Though we both drink from River Blue.

Where will the water no more flow?
When will my grief no longer grow?
I wish your heart would be like mine,
Then not in vain for you I pine.

Note: This lyric compares a woman’s lovesickness with the Blue River.

Appreciation:

The work of Li Zhiyi, a lyricist of the Song Dynasty, is selected as one of the Three Hundred Song Lyrics. The first piece is about the distance between the two sides and the longing for each other. It uses the river to write about the spatial barrier and the connection between the two sides, which is profound in its simplicity. The next piece is about the heroine’s persistent pursuit of love and her ardent expectations. The river water is a metaphor for the continuous longing for each other, and finally, the love of the other party is expected, and the sincere love is poured out by the mouth.

The content of Chapter 43 is the time after the planned wedding date between Jing and XY. Jing had been missing for more than 1 month. On the planned day, XY vowed to the moon that she still became Jing's wife despite his missing. Then she was framed by Sea Gull demon who was hire by Xin Yue to kill XY without any trace left. XY was locked in a crytal coffin and sunk in sea vortex. XL saved her from the vortex. To find and recue Miao Fu, XY promised to XL that she would continue to live abeit Jing's death. She met Left Ears. XL encouraged and explained her the situation. XY understood and she changed her mood and attitude. Then she returned to Shen-Nong with CX.

Litterally, the title of the chapter seems to be related to Jing and XY's lovesickness for him. 

However, the content of the poem was about a couple living far away from each other (upstream and downstream of a long river). XL lived in QS Town, that is near the river gater to the sea. XY lived in the Middle Plains. Jing has been missing for 1 month, he was assumed as "DEAD". Maybe XY still had hope that he would come back. But he was flown to the sea. There is a hatred related to the couple. Jing and XY had no conflict or any hatred. But XL was considered as enemy of CX and XY's family. Therefore, the context of the couple in the poem is more suitable for XY and XL. He rescued her but she felt like he was rational and a bit heartless (he even mentioned breaking the lovers' bug with her). Did the poem express her wish that his heart for her would be like hers, keep loving and missing each other.

Reference:

[1] https://www.istudy-china.com/poem-song-of-divination/

Bài thơ: Bốc toán tử - 卜算子 (Lý Chi Nghi - 李之儀) (thivien.net) 

Vol 3 Chapter 18 (Chapter 51):  归去来兮辞 Going home

Found the following English translation provided along with the recitation of the poem on Youtube. Personally I prefer how you translated it but this complete translation does give a pretty good idea of what the entire poem is about as well.

The highlighted text is the title Tong Hua used for Vol 3 Ch18  (Chapter 51) which reinforces Xiao Yao's decision to finally go home, to the ocean, finally finding the courage to take control over her own life, break free from the mistakes and fetters of the past, and return to the home that Xiang Liu provided for her:

归去来兮辞 Going Home by 陶渊明  Tao Yuanming.

归去来兮           Let me go back home!
田园将芜          My fields will get desolate,
胡不归               Why not go back home?
既自以心为形役 Since I myself let my heart be a slave to my body,
奚惘怅而独悲 Why should I be so full of melancholy?
悟已往之不谏 I am aware the past cannot be retrieved,
知来者之可追 but the future can be repaired.
实迷途其未远 In fact I have not gone too far astray.
觉今是而昨非 I realize, wrong was yesterday, but right is today.
舟摇摇以轻扬 Lightly my boat was rowed and rowed,
风飘飘而吹衣 and gently my gown by the wind was up rolled.
问征夫以前路 I asked the passengers about the way ahead,
恨晨光之熹微 complaining the dawn was still faint over my head.
乃瞻衡宇           Discerning my humble hut,
载欣载奔           I quickened my steps with delight.
僮仆欢迎           Servants to welcome me all came out,
稚子候门           and children were waiting at the gate.
三径就荒           I found the garden paths were covered with weeds
松菊犹存           while pines and chrysanthemums still survived.
携幼入室           I carried my children into the house by the hand,
有酒盈樽           Glad to see on the table wine cups were laid .
引壶觞以自酌 I raised the cup and drank the wine with my hand.
眄庭柯以怡颜 I leaned against the southern window,
倚南窗以寄傲 watching my garden trees with pleasure.
审容膝之易安 I was content with my small hut, to be sure.
园日涉以成趣 In walking everyday in the garden I took pleasure.
门虽设而常关 A gate was provided, but it was always closed.
策扶老以流憩 I walked with a stick, and took a rest whenever I felt tired.
时矫首而遐观 Occasionally I raised my head to look at the distant cloud,
云无心以出岫 which had no intention to float out of the mountain side.
鸟倦飞而知还 Even birds knew to return to the woods when they were tired.
景翳翳以将入 The day was getting dark and the sun began to set in the west side.
抚孤松而盘桓 I caressed a lone pine tree and lingered around.
归去来兮            Let me go back home
请息交以绝游 and cease to make social contact with the world outside.
世与我而相违 Since world customs are at variance with my temper,
复驾言兮焉求 why should I go out to seek fame and fortune?
悦亲戚之情话 I should be pleased with my relatives' familiar looks,
乐琴书以消忧 and I can amuse myself with music and books.
农人告余以春及,Peasants will tell me spring is coming,
将有事于西畴      and they will be busy at farming.
或命巾车                I may ride in a curtained cart
或棹孤舟                or row a lonely boat.
既窈窕以寻壑      I may follow a winding stream quiet and serene to arrive at an open valley clean.
亦崎岖而经丘      I may also follow a rugged path to reach a hill-top at length.
木欣欣以向荣     Trees are thriving and vigorous,
泉涓涓而始流     While springs flow murmuring and look marvelous.
羡万物之得时      I marvel; everything comes out at the right time,
感吾生之行休      and I lament: my life will draw to a close at any time.
已矣乎 Let it be! Let it be!
寓形宇内复几时 How long can I live in the universe?
曷不委心任去留 Why not decide my fate according to my own wish?
胡为遑遑欲何之 Where do you head for in such a hurry against your wish?
富贵非吾愿           Since wealth and honors are not my wish,
帝乡不可期           and the fairyland is out of reach,
怀良辰以孤往      I only wish to travel alone on a fine day;
或植杖而耘耔      or my stick on the roadside lay, and go to the field to cut hay.
登东皋以舒啸      Or climb up the eastern hill high To relieve a long sigh.
临清流而赋诗      Or sit by a clear river side, composing poems worthy of my pride.
聊乘化以归尽       Let me abide by the law of nature to lead a life of nature.
乐夫天命复奚疑   Let me submit to the will of Heaven and be content with my fate forever!

Reference: This post was written by liddi's Profile - MyDramaList 

Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao’s Story and Romance - Page 315 - Lost You Forever - MyDramaList 

Vol 2 - Ch 15 (chapter 32):   A Shadow Headed in Which Direction

- Grave of the swallow (by Yuan Hao Wen)

,Ask the world what love is,    
?     Which makes (these wild geese) promise each other life and death?
,Whether the southern sky or the northern earth, the two are always side by side,
。     We've been through so many warm and cold times together.
、                    The interest of joy,    
,                    The pain of separation,
      In the end, it all comes down to infatuation like a man being in love with a woman.
,                The delibrately spoken word from who goes away
。            But it was already thousands of miles away in the clouds (ie dead).
,                  From now on, pass thousands of snowy mountains each day
?              A Shadow Headed in Which Direction?

、                        Hengfen Road
,         The once bustling music of drums and flute has become quiet
。         The forest is spread out, wild smoke mixed in
,    The "Soul Calling" is still groaning
。          Mountain ghosts cry in the dark wind and rain
、                        The sky is also jealous
,                         Do you still not believe it?
。     the warblers and swallows are all loess.
,                    Great amount of sorrow is  passed down for thounsand of generation
。               For the sake of the reserved poet
,                     (There will be people) singing in madness, drinking in pain
。               Visiting this swallow grave

Translation of the poem:

Oh, my God! May I ask everyone in the world, what is love that makes these two wild geese treat each other as life and death?
The long distance of flying south and north back is like wings, no matter how much it is cold and summer, it still loves each other.
Although the wings are happy, the parting is really painful and uncomfortable. At this moment, I know that this infatuated double swallow is even more infatuated than the infatuated children in the world!
Dependent on each other, inseparable couples have passed away, the true love of the wild geese should know in their hearts, this is thousands of miles, lonely and lonely, the future is long, every year in the cold and summer, flying thousands of miles over thousands of mountains, morning wind and twilight snow, losing the love of a lifetime, alone, even if it is alive and what's the point?
This Fenshui area, it was the place where Emperor Wu of the Han Dynasty toured and played, whenever Emperor Wu went out to patrol, always the drums were noisy, and the songs were everywhere, how lively, but now it is cold smoke and decaying grass, a depression and coldness.
Emperor Wu is dead, and the conjuring of spirits is of no avail. The goddess of the mountain cried out in vain, but the dead will not return!
The deep affection of the two geese in life and death is even jealous of the heavens, and the martyred geese will never be like the warblers and swallows, and turn into a pinch of dust after death.
It will be remembered before and after its death, and it will last forever. Singing and drinking, visiting the hometown of Yanqiu to pay tribute to the dead of this couple.

My interpretation is the first part of the poem reflecting FFB/XL and XY. FFB loved XY. They had experienced a lot together with joy and sorrow. FFB died. XY was left behind. which direction should she head to and to whom?

Note: I translated this poem from the Vietnamese translated version. @Liddi may correct if it is not precise. The chapter title is adapted from Kaola translation version of LYF. Thus, corresponding text in the poem is kept similar to the chapter title

Bài thơ: Mô ngư nhi - Nhạn khâu - 摸魚兒-雁丘 (Nguyên Hiếu Vấn - 元好問) (thivien.net) 

Touching the Fish, Yanqiu Ci / Maipitang Original Text, Translation, Translation and Appreciation_Yuan Haowen_Chinese.com (chinesewords.org) 

Vol 2 - Ch 16 (Chapter 33): 风不定,人初静 The Wind is Moving, The Person is Still

XY left QS town after staying there for 1 month with XL. She came back to Zhiyi to save Jing and returned to Shen nong Mountain

It can be interpreted that XY was sad, longed for the past. She could not share her thought with the others  (i.e., Jing, CX ). She said  goodbye to XL (in previous chapter), wonder if he (XL) would go back to her.  I wonder if she looked up her gorilla mirror whenever longing for him?

P/S: in Chinese literature, green willow (Liu) is symbol of spring. 

[Farewell to the spring]  by 張先  [Zhang Xian (990-1078)]

調,Raise a glass of wine and listen to "water melody"    

。Awaked from the lunch inebriety but not yet from the sadness

,Saying goodbye to spring, when will spring return?
,                    Facing the mirror in the afternoon
,                     Longing for the time that passed by like flowing water
。Feeling empty while recalling the past

,Over the field, pairs of birds return to the pond for sleeping
。The clouds dissipate, the moon rises, the flowers play with shadows
。 Layers of curtains cover the lamp
,                     The wind is moving
,                     The person is still

滿      Tomorrow, red flower petals will fall and cover all the paths

P/s: Translated from the Vietnamese text on Bài thơ: Thiên tiên tử - Tống xuân - 天仙子-送春 (Trương Tiên - 張先) (thivien.net) 

Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao’s Story and Romance - Page 315 - Lost You Forever - MyDramaList 

Vol 3 - Ch1 (Chapter 34) – (The Malevolent East Wind, the Fleeting Pleasure)

In this chapter, XY helped Jing investigate the love affair between FFYY and TSH. In the end of the chapter, she went back together with Jing.

釵頭鳳  by 陸遊  [Phoenix Hairpin by Lu You]

,                         Hands as soft as red bean cake
,                        Delicious HuangTang wine
滿。   The city is full of spring scenery, willow inside the palace walls
,                        The Malevolent East Wind
。                        The fleeting pleasure

,                   A complete nostalgia
!                   Several years apart from each other
!              Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

,                        Spring is as it used to be
,                        Only the person gets empty and withered
。    Tears seeped into the red silk scarf
,                         Peach blossoms fall
。                         The pavilion and pond are quiet
,                    The serious oath still remains
。                    But it is difficult to send the letters written on brocade fabric
!               Don't! Don't! Don't

The content of the poem shows a girl longing for a man who was apart for several years. Although, the spring scenery was the same, but she found it sad. Was she wrong? but it's difficult to admit that to that man. No dare to do so.

Again, we see the clues of "willow" (Liu) and "peach blossom" (Xiao Yao) in the poem

[EDIT]: I don't know if my initial intepretation is correct. Reading it again, I feel like it's the yearn of two people to each other. The inner thought of the man (Liu) was written on the first part of the poem and the woman's thought (Xiao Yao) was expressed on the second part of the poem

Bài thơ: Thoa đầu phụng - 釵頭鳳 (Lục Du - 陸遊) (thivien.net) 

The poem "Phoenix hairpin"  was composed by Lu You in a special situation: Lu You initially married his cousin (his uncle's daughter) Tang Yuan. The two were very compatible, but Lu You's mother did not like Tang Yuan. Hearing more detractors, she forced the two to divorce. Later, Lu You married Miss Wang, Tang Yuan also remarried. A few years later, in the spring, the two happened to go to Tan garden and accidentally met each other. Tang Yuan took advantage of her cousin's love and sent wine and dessert to Lu You. Lu You felt extremely sorry for her, waved his pen and wrote this poem card on the wall in Tan garden. Tang Yuan, after reading this poem, felt very sad in her heart, so she wrote a song following the melody of "Phoenix Hairpin". After that, she was sad, fell seriously ill and died.  

Phoenix Hairpin (钗头凤) — Translations of Lu You’s poem and Tang Wan’s reply poem | Classic Chinese Poetry by Jean Yuan and Vickie Fang 

钗头凤  Phoenix Hairpin

作者:陆游 (Author: Lu You, 12th century)

红酥手,黄縢酒, red soft hand, yellow sealed wine
满城春色宫墙柳。full of city spring color Palace wall willow
东风恶,欢情薄。 east wind vicious, happy feeling thin
一怀愁绪,            one bosom sad feeling,
几年离索。            several year parting live all alone
错、错、错。         wrong wrong wrong

春如旧,人空瘦, spring similar to past, people in vain thin
泪痕红浥鲛绡透。 tear trace red sorrowful raw silk thoroughly
桃花落,闲池阁。 peach flower fall, idle pond pavilion
山盟虽在,            mountain pledge although exist,
锦书难托。            brocade letter difficult entrust
莫、莫、莫!        no no no

Vol 3 Ch17 (Chapter 50) 结发两不疑 Hair Bound Together Without Any Doubts

basically means a husband and wife whose love and devotion for each other cannot be doubted.

The title is derived from the poem 留别妻 Parting from My Wife about 苏武 Su Wu, a Chinese diplomat and politician of the Western Han dynasty who was captured during his mission to the Xiongnu, who in turn tried to make him surrender. When he refused, he was exiled for nineteen years, enduring major hardship while remaining faithful to his mission and his homeland. During that time, the Xiongnu government lied to the Han ambassadors that Su had long died but in the end, he managed to send out word that he was alive, and was allowed to return home. Unfortunately, he returned too late and his wife who thought he had died long ago, had remarried.

The following is my attempt to translate the poem itself  (feel free to point out any misinterpretations I might have with the text):

留别妻             Parting from My Wife           (poet unknown)

结发为夫妻,恩爱两不疑Hair bound together as husband and wife,
With love and devotion that is never doubted.
欢娱在今夕,嫣婉及良时。Sharing in joy this evening,
Wittiness and beauty in this perfect hour.
征夫怀远路,起视夜何其。Called to a faraway place for war,
Why are eyes lifted into the night.
参晨皆已没,去去从此辞。With the disappearing dawn,
It is time for us to part.
行役在战场,相见未有期。Serving on the battlefield,
Not knowing when we will meet again.
握手一长叹,泪为生别滋。Holding your hand with a long sigh,
Tears flowing as we are parted.
努力爱春华,莫忘欢乐时。Enjoy the glorious seasons with all your heart,
Never forget times of happiness.
生当复来归,死当长相思If I survive, I will surely return,
If I die, consider it as an unending yearning.

** 结发夫妻 refers to legally married couple, basically the very first official marriage, in an age where men were allowed to take multiple wives/concubines.

The poem depicts Su Wu comforting his wife whom he deeply loved, before he left for the fateful mission, and his promise to her. While it is a sad ending, it reflects on Su Wu, a man of flesh and blood who valued relationships, and loved his wife so deeply. It also allows us to understand how noble the soldiers were, how much they loved their country that they would leave the ones they love for their country and its people.

As pointed out, this chapter covers Xiao Yao, having been reunited with Jing, finds out that the lovers bug has been removed from her body, and finally gets married to him on Xuan Yuan mountain. The title itself should refer to Xiao Yao and Jing being married at last with no more doubts between them. However, the origin of the actual poem from which the title was derived, is about a man who leaves his wife to go to war, and pledges to return if he lives, and for her to miss him if he dies. Despite the parting, he wants his wife to continue to enjoy life, even if he hopes she does not forget their happy times together. In this context, this certainly applies more to Xiang Liu, who sacrifices his personal happiness with the woman he loves, in order to fight with his comrades-in-arms for their lost kingdom. Even without him beside her, he wants her to live her life to the fullest and be happy. 

Without knowing the context of the poem, it is not as clear cut for normal readers whether there is a hidden meaning to it or not. However, for those who are versed in the origins of the poem from which the title is derived, then it provides a haunting subtext for Xiang Liu, which Tong Hua does not put down clearly on paper. This, as the articles you shared mentioned, would serve as one of the novel's multiple hidden narratives.

I guess at the end of it, if we do miss all the potential subtexts in the titles, the epilogue is Tong Hua's final effort to give voice to the one character who has remained deliberately obscure for the greater part of the novel. 

Note: This post is written by  liddi's Profile - MyDramaList  

Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao’s Story and Romance - Page 314 - Lost You Forever - MyDramaList 

Vol 3 - Ch16 (Chapter 49): 相逢犹恐是梦中 Fearing still that this meeting is in a dream.

The poem quoted by your article is "The Partridge's Sky" by famed Song poet Yan Jidao 晏几道:

鹧鸪天                                   - 晏几道
The Partridge's Sky       by Yan Jidao    

彩袖殷勤捧玉钟,Colorful sleeves attentively carried a jade goblet;
当年拼却醉颜红。That time, I didn't mind letting my face be flushed with wine,
舞低杨柳楼心月,She danced the moon down below the willows in the mansion,
歌尽桃花扇底风。And sang her peach blossom fan out of air.

从别后,忆相逢,Since we parted, remembering our meeting,
几回魂梦与君同。How many times have our souls met in the same dreams?
今宵剩把银釭照,Tonight, I hold up a silver lamp to shine on you,
犹恐相逢是梦中Fearing still that this meeting is in a dream.

Note: Kaola tranlated the tiltle as  Fear that Reunion is But a Dream 

In a short song of 55 characters, Yan Jidao has provided a rather complete account of his relationship with a singing girl from their first encounter, to their yearning for each other after parting, and finally to their reunion. The opening two lines describe their first meeting: the girl was holding a luxurious goblet attentively urging her guests to drink, and the poet -the speaker in the poem- most willingly allowed himself to get drunk. The next two lines describe the sight of the girl dancing and singing for him almost the whole night through at that meeting.
In the beginning two lines of the second stanza, the poet tells us that after he parted from the girl, he has remembered their meeting. His remembering efforts have several times resulted in dreams which obviously represent the fulfillment of his wish for reunion with his girl friend. Here he describes on purpose the reunion of their dream souls to indicate that their love for each other is genuine and not one-sided.
The concluding two lines offer a twist. The poet says that they meet again after a long separation, but this time he holds a lamp to shine upon her, for fear that they have met in a dream.
The endings in both Du Fu's and Yan Jidao's poems describe their experience of fear that the reality they are facing may be simply an illusion.

cr. "Through a Window of Dreams: Reality and Illusion in the Song Lyrics of the Song Dynasty ", by Shuen-fu Lin, University of Michigan

Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao’s Story and Romance - Page 313 - Lost You Forever - MyDramaList 

Vol 1 Ch 1 (Chapter 1) 人生忽如寄 Life is Short Like a Temporary Stay  

驅車上東門  Ride hourse toward eatern gate (unknown author)

驅車上東門,I drive my chariot to the upper east gate,
遙望郭北墓。and gaze at the tombs beyond the northern city wall.
白楊何蕭蕭,How desolate the white poplars are.
松柏夾廣路。The pines and cypress lined out down the road,
下有陳死人,and below are the ancient dead.
杳杳即長暮。It’s deepest black in their endless night,
潛寐黃泉下, as they sleep submerged in the yellow fountains.
千載永不寤。They will never wake in a thousand years,
浩浩陰陽移,through vast changes in forces positive and negative forces.
年命如朝露。The years fate grants us are but morning dew.
人生忽如寄,The life of men is but a brief residence,
壽無金石固。Long life has not the certainty of metal and stone.
萬歲更相送,as another ten thousand years are sent on their way,
賢聖莫能度。Of the wise and the sage, there are none who can hold it back.
服食求神仙, In medicine and food, some seek immortality,
多為藥所誤。 but in this way many end up poisoned.
不如飲美酒。 Far better to drink exquisite wines.
被服紈與素。and be clothed in plain white silk.

Translation was taken from 驅車上東門 Translation - I Ride My Chariot From the Upper East Gate | East Asia Student 

Horse cart skirrs through  the Upper East Gate

to the north          beyond the city walls    gaze

at the graves           White poplars rustle    xiao

xiao       pine      cypress       line the wide road

Dead arranged      under the trees     ceremony

darkening     darkening          the long twilight

Hidden sleep          beneath the Yellow Springs

on and on    for ten centuries      to never wake

Wave after wave     endless      yin-yang changes

allotted     years                     like morning dew

Our life is like         a brief visitation         can’t

approach         the longevity of metal       stone

Ten thousand ages      of partings and farewells

the virtuous       the sages               no one lasts

Take elixirs to seek     divine immortality      so

many harmed           by messed up concoctions

Nothing like drinking         good spirits   while

dressed up in                 diaphanous silk clothes

From “Nineteen Ancient Poems” by Unknown | Poetry Magazine (poetryfoundation.org) 

Appreciation:

This poem is written in the form of a lyrical protagonist who expresses his heart directly, expressing the sad state of mind of some intellectuals who lived well but could not find a way out politically during the great turmoil of the late Eastern Han Dynasty.

Vol 1- Ch8 (Chapter 8)

Decadent (from Classic of Poetry)

,      Decadent, it's so decadent
?                Why don't go home?

,           It is not because of the king himself
?       why have to sink into the mud*

(*): (sink into the mud) means be trapped or trapped with no-one coming for saving. 

After moving the bug from Xuan to CX, WXL returned to QS Town. He had in mind a plan to leave QS town. Xuan went back to QS town and wanted to take WXL to Haoling since White Emperor wanted to meet him. WXL run away with Jing's help. But he and YSQ were captured by Xuan and he got his leg broken due to Xuan's order.  WXL and Jing were imprisoned in the Dragon Bone Prison in Five God mountain.

• Seventeen confided in Xiaoliu - never leaving Xiaoliu for the rest of his life, Seventeen said that he was imprisoned, spurned by the world, and his spirit was destroyed, Xiaoliu saved him and restored his belief in living, so he decided to spend his life guarding Xiaoliu
  • Seventeen talked about his life experience, said that he didn't want revenge, he just wanted to be the seventeenth of the little six, and seventeen asked the little six to wait for him for fifteen years, and not to let other men live in his heart, and the two high-fived as an alliance
  • Seventeen said that he knew that Xiao Liu would not believe in it first, but he would, and he was willing to wait until the day when Xiao Liu was willing
  • Seventeen carried Xiaoliu up the mountain, Xiaoliu suddenly moved and wanted to go to the beach, Xiangliu appeared and told Xiaoliu that "there is the sea under your feet", but Xiaoliu felt that Seventeen couldn't escape, so he didn't listen to Xiangliu's words and fled (maybe because of the lover's Gu, Xiangliu knew that Xiaoliu was emotionally attached to Seventeen)
  • When he arrived at Emperor Jun's Cheng'en Palace, Seventeen's demeanor after bathing surprised Xiao Liu, Xiao Liu said that he wanted to cure Seventeen's lameness, Seventeen said that he didn't care, and Xiao Liu fell asleep by Seventeen

This poem reflects WXL's thought when he was captured and brought back to Gaoxin. 

Vol 1- Ch9 (Chapter 9) Brow Furrowed, No Choice But Mutual Avoidance

Summary of Chapter 9: Between the eyebrows, there is no way to avoid it

• Emperor Jun saw Xiao Liu, and after meeting him, he dined together, the three men had good manners, but Xiao Liu behaved vulgarly, and even drank the water in the jade cup to wash his hands, and the sound of sucking bone marrow was like thunder
  • Emperor Jun asked Xiaoliu about his favorite snacks and mentioned the bedtime story, and Xiaoliu was silent
  • ZX  was shocked and wanted to ask Xiao Liu if he was Xiao Yao, why he didn't recognize him, and Emperor Jun asked Zhen Xuan and other Xiao Yao to decide for himself
  • ZX has mixed feelings when he visits the injured Xiao Yao, and Xiao Yao is the same
  • Xiaoliu's injuries were good, and Emperor Jun loved him in every way, and even got the money that Xiao Yao wanted from him
  • While YSQ gets some cold melon for WXL, WXL was caught by Ah Nian, Xiao Liu humiliated Ah Nian, and Ah Nian beat Xiao Liu violently that attracts Ah Nian's mother
  • Ah Nian's mother resembles Xiao Liu's mom, Ah Heng, Xiao Liu saw her burst into tears. Emperor Jun rushed to see this scene, and their hearts were broken
  • Emperor Jun and Xiao Yao recognized each other and told Xiao Yao the reason why he didn't go to Jade Mountain to pick her up
  • ZX took care of Xiao Yao to eat with his own hands, and Seventeen began to be silent
  • Seventeen and Xiao Yao have a heart-to-heart conversation at night, and Xiao Yao tells Seventeen and ZX that he was wandering all over the world back then, was imprisoned by the nine-tailed fox and fled, and lost his face, so he has no true face
  • ZX found the fox's tail in annoyance, Seventeen put it away, and Seventeen felt that Xiao Yao's appearance since childhood was fake

Autumn nostalgia by Fan Zhongyan (989-1052)

Fan Zhongyan was a prominent politician and literary figure in Song Dynasty of China. He was also a famous strategist and educator

One after another, falling leaves were floating down to fragrant brick-layered stairs

Pearl curtains were rolled up and the jade-like storied building was empty. In the light sky, Milky way bended down to the ground

This same night of every year,
the moonlight all was like shimmering white silk.
As usual, people were thousand miles apart once again

Miserable feeling broke and (I) was not able to get drunk. The wine had not yet arrived, and the tears had already formed.

Remnant lamps were flicking, and my head was lying askew on the pillow. I have known so well about the taste of sleeping alone.

避。
As I figured out,
this thing. even not showing on the brows will be in the heart and there is no way to escape it

This poem conveys WXL's feeling when he returned to the imperial palace. The scenery reminded WXL his childhood memory, his mother. Despite his nostalgia for her mother and loneliness, there is no way for her to escape it, She will do whatever to live on 

Detail explanation of the poem can be found in [1]

Reference

[1] 范仲淹 Fan Zhongyan 御街行 Yu jie xing 秋日怀旧 Qiu ri huaijiu Autumn nostalgia Ci 词 poem: lyrics, pinyin, English translation, analysis | Chinesetolearn ♫ learn Mandarin in a fun way ♫ 

[2]: Bài thơ: Ngự nhai hành - Thu nhật hoài cựu - 御街行-秋日懷舊 (Phạm Trọng Yêm - 范仲淹) (thivien.net) 

Vol 1 Ch 12 (chapter 12) 所谓伊人,在水一方 A Beauty, At the Edge of the Water

Summary of chapter 12

This chapter started with an interesting detour to Little Zhu Rong’s Autumn Tournament and the introduction of new characters, but the action moves back to Gao Xing. XY and CX later went to Jade Mountain. The famous Jade Mountain is a holy place that contains all the mysticism and spiritual magic that the Gods are imbued with. It is guarded by the Royal Mother, and it’s an austere place that no child could possible enjoy, much less one as headstrong and rambunctious as Xiao Yao, so it’s no wonder she ran away. But it’s back to Jade Mountain she goes to start her life again right and proper.Xiao Yao finally gets her real face back. Her return to being a Princess isn’t without its bumps and bruises, and being a Princess again means dealing first and foremost with Ah Nian.

The Reeds and Rushes [1] (unknown author, from Classic of Poetry)

,     The reeds and rushes, lush and lusty
。     With autumn dew so white but frosty
,     "That one" whom I call oft and dearly
。      At the edge of the water (This sentence is adapted the Kaola translation of LYF)

,      Against the torrent, up I seek thee,
;      The path resistive, long and lengthy
,      Along the current, down I seek thee
央      Amidst the water, thou stand there, seemingly

The poem expresses XY after long, difficult up and down time struggling in life, she finally got her appearance and identity back. 

Reference:

[1]: (PDF) The Reeds and Rushes (researchgate.net) 

[2] Bài thơ: Kiêm gia 1 - 蒹葭 1 (Khổng Tử - 孔子) (thivien.net)