Looking at the last discussion speaking about the story of XY and XL there was a part where it was said that if XL confessed or something along those lines that XY wouldn't end up with TJ. I kinda disagree with that although i believe that the only ones XY loved where TJ and and XL. I feel that no matter the outcome she would end up with TJ regardless because he was the first person she fell in love with and the one she really acted as a girl towards and much more but u don't want this to be to long. The only way i don't see her ending up with TJ was if he broke his promise. I actually believe that if XL did confessed and would change his ways she would choose both because i just don't see her choosing one over the other but i only read the book once and it was awhile ago so if anyone who has recently read it or have multiple times and have a different or same opinion i would love to hear

micheal1803:

Looking at the last discussion speaking about the story of XY and XL there was a part where it was said that if XL confessed or something along those lines that XY wouldn't end up with TJ. I kinda disagree with that although i believe that the only ones XY loved where TJ and and XL. I feel that no matter the outcome she would end up with TJ regardless because he was the first person she fell in love with and the one she really acted as a girl towards and much more but u don't want this to be to long. The only way i don't see her ending up with TJ was if he broke his promise. I actually believe that if XL did confessed and would change his ways she would choose both because i just don't see her choosing one over the other but i only read the book once and it was awhile ago so if anyone who has recently read it or have multiple times and have a different or same opinion i would love to hear

Are you talking about in the XY and XL thread or in a different discussion thread? I don't remember seeing that comment but I'll go back and check. 

Most people were saying they are doomed because of their loyalties. XL never confessed, (from what I recall correct me if I am wrong please, and include chapter if possible😄 ), because what would be the point of that if they can't even be together? 

I posted an excerpt from the novel where XY's dad basically tells her she can't be involved with XL because 'her bloodline made the choice for her' and he doesn't want to see the same tragedy (what happened with her mom) repeat. I feel like XL and her are like Romeo and Juliet except if Juliet had another person she loved/other options. 

Personally, I feel like the only way XY and XL could potentially be together is if someone other than gonggong, who wasn't on the opposing side of XY's family ties, saved XL/adopted him. 

But would he even be XL if that happened? I think that all of his experiences made him who he is. Same with XY. She might be a completely different person if she wasn't caged, chained up, and all the other horrible things. 

As for her not choosing one over the other, I'm honestly not sure. 

I don't think XL would make her choose cause based on what I've read and the few clips from the episodes that are out, I don't get that vibe from him. He might be jealous but idk. But then again, there is that one scene in the shop where he got mad at her for using him to make Jing jealous and she felt sorry cause "he's not just any man". So maybe he would too? But I kind of feel like that was more so about her using their relationship as a tool?

As for Jing...I'm not sure. On the one hand, I think eventually it would be too much for him because throughout the novel there were a couple of times when he followed XY and XL. And in the show, seeing the marks on XY's neck and XL's hair strands upset him.  But honestly idk about that either because neither he nor XL gives off "you can only be mine vibes" the way Xuan does. 

So maybe the three of them could coexist. It would be nice 🤣

Wow..this was long. Sorry 😅

micheal1803:

I think even if XL confessed to XY, she still wouldn’t choose him because he is still on the enemy side, he is a threat to her loved ones. Unless XL can give up his loyalty and side with CX, which I don’t think he would do it nor would XY ask him to have to choose. Whomever she chooses cannot be someone that would harm CX. XY loves CX more than anyone else, he is her life. 

@Sirry Usly You are right he never confessed and i believe even if he did his loyalties lied somwhere else which still wouldn't allow them to be together which you pointed out.  Also yes Jing was jealous and upset a bit but there isn't complete harmony in a harem lol

on my perspective, XY only choose XL only if TSJ didn't exit in this story.  

I don't think she could choose XL even if Jing doesn't exist. I do believe she love XL more than Jing but  their family background is too complicated. If CX never found her and maybe she could have stay with XL forever but would he have given up the army for her? She'll probably be alone again if she chose XL. If Jing doesn't exist then CX would probably confess sooner and maybe the love triangle will start there. 

Kaseh Esmiralda:

on my perspective, XY only choose XL only if TSJ didn't exit in this story.  

I wish I could agree but General Gong Gong will have to die first before XL is able to be together with XY.  It would be a bad romance had they both decided to be together.  

I find the General Gong Gong is so stupid  for being a resistant soldier because even the Chen Rong royal family surrendered their royal command to the Yellow Emperor.

I dare to say she doesn't even have the slightest feelings for him tbh. The friendship was built out curiosity and pity. Firstly, XY is an adventurous wanderer whose curiosity is the same level as a cat and their encounter was a coincident. XL's loyalty somehow doesnt rely on the stable side, which makes me doubt they even shared the similar feelings tho. Unlike Jing, she first met him near the lake of course out of pity first as she had the same painful experience as him, but she treasured him and loved him not just as a companion , but as a lover. 

XL sometimes cannot be bothered by some bullshit, Jing in other hand makes sure everything is about her eventho she is really hard to be pleased sometimes

More importantly ,HE NEVER HAD BALLS to confess. BAD GUY FINISH LAST

WangDuo girlfriend:

I dare to say she doesn't even have the slightest feelings for him tbh. The friendship was built out curiosity and pity. Firstly, XY is an adventurous wanderer whose curiosity is the same level as a cat and their encounter was a coincident. XL's loyalty somehow doesnt rely on the stable side, which makes me doubt they even shared the similar feelings tho. Unlike Jing, she first met him near the lake of course out of pity first as she had the same painful experience as him, but she treasured him and loved him not just as a companion , but as a lover. 

XL sometimes cannot be bothered by some bullshit, Jing in other hand makes sure everything is about her eventho she is really hard to be pleased sometimes

Personally, I disagree because if she doesn't have any feelings for him these three things would not have occurred:

1. Her mentioning him when talking to her grandpa about the type of man she wanted to end up with

2. Her keeping memories of him and looking at them fondly

3. The conversation near that one prison

(Now book wise, these things listed down below would not have occurred):

1. Her dad told her that her bloodline made the choice for her and to not repeat the same mistakes as her mom

2. Her getting upset when her grandpa tells her to live more freely like AN and she gets mad saying that if she wanted to marry XL would her grandpa let her

3. How devastated she was and the regret she had when he died

4. There's more but I'm honestly too lazy to list them all. 

As for the whole, not having the balls to confess, that's not why they aren't together. He can't just betray gonggong who saved him/adopted him. That whole scene with the slave fight was important because had gonggong not adopted him who knows what kind of life he'd be living. 

Lastly, she pitied both Jing and XL, so to make it seem like she can't have genuine feelings for XL because of pity but somehow that does not apply to Jing is...interesting. 

WangDuo girlfriend:

TSJ's strategy to win over XY is agree with her all the time; say Yes to everything she says; listens to her all the time!

micheal1803:

I think if FFB had immediately said yes when she asked him to also give up everything, they would be together.

I think if XY ever learned what exactly the Poison Love Bug was and did, they would be together.

I've seen this reasoning about XY acting like a girl, and I honestly do not get that. It sounds like a superficial reason.  Both XL and TSJ developed feeling for XY when she was a man.  They fell for XY, not her gender or superficial affectations of gender.

I don't know if it was love, but XY definitely allowed herself to risk something for TSJ -- and he immediately betrayed her. I don't think that fosters trust and love, and TBH, I'm not sure why she keeps giving him chances to stab her in the heart.

@Kokuto can you explain what the poison love bug is? why would XY choose XL if she knew what it truly was? o:

But I love Tan Jian Ci's personifies his role here as FFB/XL. Sometimes HIS DOMINENCE  AND EMINENCE win me over , yeah i get swayed by his performance. He embodies a sexy-vampire-nine- head-demons. So im kinda like 50-50

I believe XL would be her top choice if 1) he confessed/she knows his feelings and (most importantly) 2) he gives up everything for her. Episode 23 solidified this theory. FFB/XL asked her to give up being a princess and wander the world with him. In response, she says “ok, if you can give up everything.” There was then a moment of silence when both characters’ expression were dead serious before FFB looks heartbroken (bc he can’t give up his duty as general) and brushed the whole thing aside as a joke. Had he agreed, they would be end game and their love would not be doomed since they would abandon all their loyalties and obligations, and truly live for themselves.  Yes, FFB’s identity hasn’t been officially revealed, however I think XY is pretty sure they are same that’s why she felt his heart, keeps asking who he is, etc.

We already know she has DEEPER feelings for XL bc 1) the only memories in the mirror are XL, 2) she basically confessed to him during the beach scene, 3) Jing refused to kiss her in the later beach scene bc he saw XL in her eyes, 4) she mentions him to her grandpa (what if i want to marry your enemy). Also, in the later part of the novel, even Jing recognizes that FFB/XL is the better match for her. This is why many fans refers to XL as her soul mate.

It's already quite obvious she has feelings for XL. It's just that it would be bloody and tragic if she ever chooses him, it doesn't matter if he did confess. And also there were a lot of things that happened in the novel that obviously shows she had feelings for him. 

If he could give up the army and be with her, they could obviously have a chance.