Kiie:

I hope someone will write a fanfiction and continue from where things were left off. 

We don't need fanfiction when it continues in the novel. There's a very sweet and funny happy ending in the novel where his daughter is saved from dogs by her reincarnated dad.

Lynx Lyon:

We don't need fanfiction when it continues in the novel. There's a very sweet and funny happy ending in the novel where his daughter is saved from dogs by her reincarnated dad.

Agree to that!

I didn't think it was a sad or bad ending at all. She also said to him "When we meet again..." so I figured it was going to be similar to him waiting for 500 years.

Kawaii433:

I didn't think it was a sad or bad ending at all. She also said to him "When we meet again..." so I figured it was going to be similar to him waiting for 500 years.

Yes. Exactly even in the audio epilogue released after the end of ep 40. It was after ttj returned home. So i feel its a happy open ending

Lynx Lyon:

Oh yes why need fanfic when we have the proper ending

KinnPorsche:

Oh yes why need fanfic when we have the proper ending

Yes we have an audio epilogue as well. I just wish it had a video to it

My interpretation of the ending:

I believe that after TTJ died so that the array would be destroyed and that Evil Bone could truly shatter, a portion of his soul/immortal essence/power seeped into the Heart-Guarding Scale and he's quietly cultivating there. There's definitely hope especially after the 500 year time skip, that eventually in a few hundred years he'll have regained enough power to be able to cultivate another human body for himself. I.E. cultivation novel style where after a few hundred years even animals can cultivate a human form. And since Li SuSu is still alive and thriving with their little daughter, it's no biggie for a Goddess like her to just wait a few more years (because let's be honest hundreds of years is like taking a nap in their eyes) before her hubby can join them again! <3
As far as I'm concerned this is a soon to be happy ending: the world's safe, they've got a kid, and the ML's not fully dead. Obviously it would've been better if they both walked away without any scrapes and bruises, but given the seriousness of the Devil God/destruction of the world, this ending is fine too. If anything, I wish we'd gotten a bit more closure when it came to the supports.

KinnPorsche:

Yes we have an audio epilogue as well. I just wish it had a video to it

Here you go our HE! 

https://mydramalist.com/photos/60Q4bj_3

I am trying to say exactly what @HaveNoJames put in simple words.

Its a fantasy xianxia, anything and everything can happen. And that ending definitely feels like a happy open one.

Thats right! Its happy not sad...

I actually liked an OE for once. It is melancholy yet beautiful.....also as people have said If they died together the daughter would've never been born ><  and who knows maybe TTJ will return.... someday....when the daughter is all grown up

KinnPorsche:

I am trying to say exactly what @HaveNoJames put in simple words.

Its a fantasy xianxia, anything and everything can happen. And that ending definitely feels like a happy open one.

✌️✌️

As I said the ending is obviously open to interpretation, but I’d like to believe that even if it isn’t an immediate happy ending, it’s a soon-to-be happy one. :)

SandraNoLie:

Here you go our HE! 

https://mydramalist.com/photos/60Q4bj_3

Gosh, this gives me so much hope for a future extra episode where they properly show the happy ending. Fingers crossed!

freedonuts:

Gosh, this gives me so much hope for a future extra episode where they properly show the happy ending. Fingers crossed!

I hope thew will gave us that! 

HaveNoJams:

✌️✌️

As I said the ending is obviously open to interpretation, but I’d like to believe that even if it isn’t an immediate happy ending, it’s a soon-to-be happy one. :)

Exactly. Like for me its a hopeful open ending. It seems he will be back. Sometime in future. Honestly for them 500 years are nothing. So he will definitely be back