Life is Beautiful:

Chinese historically were monogamous in marriage. The wife is the wife and everyone else is not a wife, but concubines or servants or slaves. The status is not the same. Not even remotely the same. Why do you think Ye Bing Chang and Ye Xiwu were treated so differently. One man can only have 1 official wife at one time the rest were not wife. Hence, who the Empress was also mattered. Because the official wife is the head of the household and the harem and the mother of the nation. The distinction between a 'wife' and other women is important in the novel, the drama and while watching any and all historical/mythological Chinese material. 

Not being 'the wife' and/or the child of 'the wife' was what made Ye Bing Chang insecure about her position in the Ye household as well as Tantaijin's harem.

In my opinion.

p.s sorry for the rant.

They still had weddings(ritually, not by law lol) tho,  just the concubine was not allowed to go into the mantion through the main door, but the side door. You may be right for the whole matter of fact lawfully bits, but still the ritual was somewhat kept in terms of the wedding dresses and the wedding nights and 1st greetings of the mother in law. Purely ritually maybe.

rosana777:

Happens in the immortal arc apparently.

Yes during the immortal arc.  A lovely and naughty little girl!

Life is Beautiful:

good question, I haven't found one even if there is one

Here is the leaked script 

https://www.zhihu.com/column/c_1536351085551349760?utm_id=0 the leaked script of TTEOM..

The characters are in mandarin you clik in each characters beginning with (长月烬明第三十)

So when you enter in the wesite you will see this: ( I put the translation.)

长月烬明第四十集 ( Episode 40 ) End

长月烬明第三十九集 (Episode 39)

长月烬明第三十八集 (Episode 38)

长月烬明第三十七集 (Episode 37)

长月烬明第三十六集 (Episode 36)

长月烬明第三十五集 (Episode 35)

长月烬明第三十四集 (Episode 34)

长月烬明第三十三集 (Episode 33)

Etc
Etc
Etc

长月烬明剧本第一集 ( Episode 1)

For the translation you have to save each page as picture and with google translate pages you get the translation in wherever language you prefer.

Anandi Dutta:

Is there a leaked script of TTEOM...

Here is the leaked script

https://www.zhihu.com/column/c_1536351085551349760?utm_id=0 the leaked script of TTEOM..

The characters are in mandarin you clik in each characters beginning with (长月烬明第三十)

So when you enter in the wesite you will see this: ( I put the translation.)

长月烬明第四十集 ( Episode 40 ) End

长月烬明第三十九集 (Episode 39)

长月烬明第三十八集 (Episode 38)

长月烬明第三十七集 (Episode 37)

长月烬明第三十六集 (Episode 36)

长月烬明第三十五集 (Episode 35)

长月烬明第三十四集 (Episode 34)

长月烬明第三十三集 (Episode 33)

Etc
Etc
Etc

长月烬明剧本第一集 ( Episode 1)

For the translation you have to save each page as picture and with google translate pages you get the translation in wherever language you prefer.