*edit: add #21-31 , 18Sep23

Hi Guys, some time back we had a post on short forms and common terms like melon and stuff. I recently came across quite a number of internet slangs. I know sometimes the english translations give their literal meanings and we get ??? while watching. Here's are their meanings for those like me who didn't know before.

1. 马甲ma3 jia3 (vest or corset) = ID, like sometimes a person create 2 IDs or accounts to an app. Usually used when drama character has dual identity or hiding behind a fake id.

2. 大眼da4 yan3 (big eye) = weibo because their logo looks like an eye

3. 修罗场xiu1 luo2chang3 (warzone ref to buddhism) = situation where characters present have complicated relationships. 

4. 大v (big v)= usually means weibo verified account with 500k followers. Ie celebrities or other famous and influential people

5. V我10 (v me 10) = transfer me $$

6. Yyds = 永远的神yong3yuan3de shen2 eternal gods. 

7. DDDD = 懂的都懂dong3dedou1dong3 If u know, u know (already)

8. C 位 (C position) = C means carry or central. In gaming, its the important player. On stage, it is the important person standing in the center.

9. 服了你个老六 fu2leni3ge4lao3liu4 (hats off to #6) = it started with gaming, referring to the player who hides or use despicable means to play. In real life, a person who makes use of an opportunity to harm or hurt others. I think in LYF bts, Xiao Liu is sometimes mistakenly called Lao Liu.

10. 立flag (set up flag) = set a target, or something that awaits to become true.

11. Szd = 是真的shi4zhen1de it is real.

12. Sjb = 神经病shen2 jing1bing4 Crazy ( 精神病jing1shen2bing4 although sounds the same, refers to mental illness)

13. Xswl =笑死我了xiao4si3wo3le4 lmao 

14. 海王(King of the sea), 中央空调(central air conditioning) = cassanova, playboy

15. Vx =weixin

16. 牛niu(cow) = impressive

17. 白月光bai2yue4guang1(white moonlight) = someone unattainable 

18. 白莲花bai2lian2hua1( white lotus)= originally to describe a person as pure and innocent. Later used to mean a person looks pure on the outside but is scheming or black hearted inside.

19. 社牛she4niu2= social butterfly 

20. 社恐she4kong3= opposite of she niu. Shy, unsociable.

21. 画饼hua4bing3(draw biscuit)= make rosy (but possibly empty) promises

22. 墙头草qiang2tou2cao3= easily swayed or change sides

23. 碰瓷peng4ci2=stage an accident to claim benefits 

24. 卷王juan3wang2=someone who is driving up the competition and also ends up the winner 

25. 水仙shui3xian1(narcissus/daffodil)= 

1. CP with oneself.  
  2. Very close but not romantic relationship. 
  3. Narcissistic 

26. RUA = 1. pinch (something very cute)  2. Victory cry (in games)

27. 咸鱼xian2yu2(salted fish) = 1. idle person 2. Corpse (cantonese)

28. 塌房ta1fang2(house collapse)= 1. idol declares or gets exposed of romantic relationship 2. Scandal 

29. 端水duan1shui3(carry water)=to please all parties equally

This should have been added earlier 30. 绿茶lv4cha2(green tea)=woman who looks innocent on the outside but actually very scheming.

31. 显眼包xian2yan3bao1=attention seeker (not necessarily negative)

32. 2G or 5G Wifi network = refers how much one is up to date with latest news, trends, slangs or technology 

Lemme add more if i come across. 😁😁

Or ask any questions you have here!

I remember this post so I checked my notepad. 

Here's what I shared before 😁

Some emojis and slang

iQiyi = 🥝 ---- qiyi sounds like kiwi fruit in Chinese
Tencent = 🐧 --- mascot is penguin
Youku =👖--- Youku = 优酷, the second character 酷 sounds the same as 裤 which means pants
MangoTV = 🥭 --- coz of its name

Bailu (white deer) = 🦌
Luo Yunxi -> yun(cloud) = ☁
jealousy = 🍋
rumor/gossip = melon = 🍉
Netizens quipped "别吃瓜了,瓜都吐了 (Bié chīguā le, guā dōu tù le, Stop gossiping, even the melon threw up)"—a pun on the term 瓜 (guā, melon), the Chinese word for gossip.
reuters = fan/paparazzi taken pix/vids

Hey Micha, thanks for adding your post. 

FYI - the emojis are not showing up. Only question marks. Looks like the TTEOTM MDL page is overloaded again.

Not sure if it will help in this case, but sometimes going into the "edit" mode and saving the message again does the trick of fixing it. 

ChunTian:

Hey Micha, thanks for adding your post. 

FYI - the emojis are not showing up. Only question marks. Looks like the TTEOTM MDL page is overloaded again.

Not sure if it will help in this case, but sometimes going into the "edit" mode and saving the message again does the trick of fixing it. 

It's showing in mine though. I did go ahead and did an "edit" 

Poor MDL! Always glitching LOL!

Nope, emojis still not showing. *sighs*

They were showing just fine last night. Now they are all question marks, even the ones in my first post. 

Hi hi. Thanks muchly for sharing.  I can see the emojis from my end. So much to learn🤭💜💜💜 

Added #10-20

10. 立flag (set up flag) = set a target, or something that awaits to become true.

11. Szd = 是真的shi4zhen1de it is real.

12. Sjb = 神经病shen2 jing1bing4 Crazy ( 精神病jing1shen2bing4 although sounds the same, refers to mental illness)

13. Xswl =笑死我了xiao4si3wo3le4 lmao 

14. 海王(King of the sea), 中央空调(central air conditioning) = cassanova, playboy

15. Vx =weixin

16. 牛niu(cow) = impressive

17. 白月光bai2yue4guang1(white moonlight) = someone unattainable 

18. 白莲花bai2lian2hua1( white lotus)= originally to describe a person as pure and innocent. Later used to mean a person looks pure on the outside but is scheming or black hearted inside.

19. 社牛she4niu2= social butterfly 

20. 社恐she4kong3= opposite of she niu. Shy, unsociable

Something I just came across:

森贝 sēn bèi = an actor without acting or dubbing talent.

木 mù being wood, means the acting is wooden so 森 representing a forest of wooden acting skills. 

贝 bèi reflects someone without dubbing talent (which is a play of the characters for 演 yǎn yuán, without the mouth 口 kǒu).

Sjb = 神经病 … next time instead of saying ‘crazy or gila’, i ll use sjb🤣

chsaf:

Something I just came across:

森贝 sēn bèi = an actor without acting or dubbing talent.

木 mù being wood, means the acting is wooden so 森 representing a forest of wooden acting skills. 

贝 bèi reflects someone without dubbing talent (which is a play of the characters for 演员 yǎn yuán, without the mouth 口 kǒu).

Wow! This is cruel! Hahaha

Pytheos:

Sjb = 神经病 … next time instead of saying ‘crazy or gila’, i ll use sjb🤣

Are we all sjb here? 🤣🤣🤣

joas:

Are we all sjb here? 🤣🤣🤣

Yaaaaaaaaaaa. Its fun to sjb here! 

New adds

21. 画饼hua4bing3(draw biscuit)= make rosy (but possibly empty) promises

22. 墙头草qiang2tou2cao3= easily swayed or change sides

23. 碰瓷peng4ci2=stage an accident to claim benefits 

24. 卷王juan3wang2=someone who is driving up the competition and also ends up the winner 

25. 水仙shui3xian1(narcissus/daffodil)= 

1. CP with oneself.  
  2. Very close but not romantic relationship. 
  3. Narcissistic 

26. RUA = 1. pinch (something very cute)  2. Victory cry (in games)

27. 咸鱼xian2yu2(salted fish) = 1. idle person 2. Corpse (cantonese)

28. 塌房ta1fang2(house collapse)= 1. idol declares or gets exposed of romantic relationship 2. Scandal 

29. 端水duan1shui3(carry water)=to please all parties equally

This should have been added earlier 30. 绿茶lv4cha2(green tea)=woman who looks innocent on the outside but actually very scheming.

31. 显眼包xian2yan3bao1=attention seeker (not necessarily negative)

Thanks! Didnt know about  绿茶 ( green tea)=woman who looks innocent on the outside but actually very scheming. Lol…