My Japanese Hotpot Recipe (Yosenabe)

INGREDIENTS:

Meat

Chicken Tenders(best choice) but Thighs or breast will do too! 

Pork &/or Beef Slices (Wagyu Rib Eye- best choice) -I prefer Beef Slices over pork slices for this recipe.

Seafood 

Tiger Prawns (Large Size), Manila Clams or Scallops , Sable Fish but I prefer Boneless Red Snapper or Sea Bass or sometimes Silver Pomfret if I can get big ones! 

It's ok to choose 2 or 3 types of fishes but I recommend to choose only one type so you can enjoy the flavor to the fullest! 

I go to the seafood market to buy my seafood. Don't buy from grocery store or supermarket though! But that's my preference! 

Veggies

Napa Cabbage, Chrysanthemum leaves( don't add if you don't like it), Carrot (I make ribbons but you can cut how you want), and Spring onions! Plus WAKAME SEAWEED if you eat seaweed! 

Mushrooms 

Enoki, Shimeji, and Shitake !

Tofu: Medium Firm is best choice

Broth 

Awase Dashi  But Substitute with Dashi Powder for convenience! 

- Traditionally Kombu+ Katsuobushi Broth but I combined my broth with mushrooms broth - use both dried and fresh mushrooms including truffle mushroom because of its umami flavor but it's expensive - but I grow mushrooms too so I don't need to buy- need to clean,prep, saute, simmer, & strain - need to make mushroom broth separately and then combine with awase dashi broth so it takes a lot of prep and cook time! Which is not convenient for everyone! 

Seasonings: Sake, Mirin, and Soy Sauce

Tools: Clay Pot, Portable Gas Stove, Long Cooking Chopsticks, Slotted Spoons, Ladle spoons, & a fine mesh skimmer

If you don't have any of those it's ok, make do with what you have! 

Note: Use Mirin with higher % of Alcohol! Sake is a must! For Soy Sauce (Use light Soy Sauce)

Broth for 500 ML Water for 2 person max (add more for more people)

1. Add 500ml water to the pot, bring it to boil! 

2. In a bowl mix 2 table spoons of Sake, 2 table spoons of Mirin, 2 table spoons of Light Soy Sauce, and 3 tea spoons of Dashi and stir until Dashi Powder dissolve! Then add it to the boiling water! Stir for 5 minutes and then taste! Put a pinch of salt if needed! Be careful with salt though! The broth should not be thick and salty! Add a bit of water if needed! The broth should look light and taste savory! Light but not watery! 

3. If the broth taste right for you, then you can add ingredients! Note to add and cook the ingredients in batches though! 

DIPPING SAUCE

Buy PONZU SAUCE BOTTLE for convenience! Put sauce in sauce cup and garnish with spring onions,sesame, a zest of lime and half a teaspoon of freshly squeeze lime juice ! 

NOTE: This r recipe is for 2 people max! If you want to make it a large pot, than do a little math! 

With Lots of love,

Evie

Evie, that is a lot of ingredients to look at. Already sent to my daughter. Hopefully one day we able to gather and make this. Thank you very much.

Thanks for the recipe Evie!

You are very much welcome Chun Tian dear and Fiona dear! 

Love and hugs!!!!❤️❤️❤️???

Evie Zan:

You are very much welcome Chun Tian dear and Fiona dear! 

Love and hugs!!!!❤️❤️❤️???

Big hugs ?❤️

Guys, my recipe looks rather long because I wrote  preferences, recommendations, and explanations too in the recipe! Not because needed a long list of ingredients! 

If you guys need help with recipe you can pm me! Will answer as soon as I can! 

Hopefully you guys can enjoy something new! 

With Love and Hugs,

Evie ??? ???

Evie ? That really lovely that you shared your recipe. ??

We also do a Suyiyaki at home! Will try yours next weekend ? 

DRINKS To Enjoy with my Japanese Hotpot Recipe 

So as this is  Moon bar, who will come up with the name for this Drink????

INGREDIENTS

1. Watermelon - Sugar baby watermelon is the perfect choice! -  3.5 - 4.5 kg Size> 1 pc

2. Sparkling Sake - 300ml bottle ( Sho Chiku Bai Shirakabegura Mio , blue color bottle recommended)

3. Mint- 2 cups of fresh mint leaves 

4. Lime-  a wedge of lime per glass

FOR RIMMING

1. Sugar: Turbinado Sugar or colored sugar 

2. Salt: Pink Himalayan Salt Rimmer 

3. Lime Zest and very finely chopped fresh mint leaves 

TOOLS

1. Watermelon ballers if you want to eat watermelon balls in your drink!

2. Punch Bowl

3. Pouring Spoons

Drink Recipe:

1. Cut watermelon into half! Take out seeds and juice half of the watermelon with 1 cup of fresh mint leaves! If you think it's too minty or not minty enough for your taste you can definitely adjust the amount! 

2. If you want to have your drink with watermelon balls, then make watermelon balls with the other half of the watermelon! If you don't want to have watermelon balls, then juice the whole watermelon with 2 cups of fresh mint leaves! You can definitely adjust the amount of fresh mint leaves according to your taste! 

3. In a large size punch bowl add watermelon juice, a bottle of sparkling sake & ice and stir until well mixed! Then add watermelon balls and stir a bit!

4. Rimmed your glass and pour your drinks and serve with a wedge of lime!

This drink recipe is to serve for 4 people at Max! Do a little math if you want to make for more people! 

Please let me know the name for this drink recipe! 

With lots and lots of love and hugs, 

Evie ❤️❤️❤️ ??? 

P.s. Recipe looks rather long because I wrote preferences,recommendations and explanations! Not because needed a lot of ingredients! For tools you can make do with what you have! 

How about "Summer by Heaven Lake"? Referencing the happy times TTJ/CJM and LSS had in episode 35. TTJ/ CJM's blue outfit was accented by a pink stripe of sash. LOL

Oooohhhh! Me like like like!!!!!!!!??????

Summer by Heaven Lake! Sounds Romantic!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

ChunTian:

How about "Summer by Heaven Lake"? Referencing the happy times TTJ/CJM and LSS had in episode 35. TTJ/ CJM's blue outfit was accented by a pink stripe of sash. LOL

Nice!!! Suddenly I have this thought of eating hotpot??.That ep feels a need for reunion with a hot mala pot!???

Megumi-H:

Nice!!! Suddenly I have this thought of eating hotpot??.That ep feels a need for reunion with a hot mala pot!???

That was one hot episode with dear LSS ripping open TTJ's shirt by the lake. LOL 

Yes, so Mala pot seems to be the appropriate dish for Ep 35 and with "Summer by Heaven's Lake".

Mala Hot Pot Version is not good for your stomach! My recipe is healthier choice! Very good for your skin too! Safe from Zits, acnes and pimples unlike Mala Hot Pot! ???

Don't take the crazy spice level Mala. I think there are certain Mala recipes that are still ok, just the right tad of spicy. I usually skip the crazy spicy ones. I mean what is the point when you cannot taste anything else due to the crazy spice on the tongue? LOL

But I know some folks will beg to differ regarding a mild spice level. 

Gals, would you mind clicking NO at the MsNotes review and YES to other like minded people as us. It is the 2nd review showing on the page now and it hurts my eyes to see it. Haha! Thanks in advance! ♡

https://mydramalist.com/693513-hei-yue-guang-wen-na-be-ju-ben/reviews