I have never really been into historical dramas, mostly because I have been put off by the number of episodes. Recently, I finished Maiden Holmes and loved it to pieces. After watching it, it finally inspired me to dive into one of the historical dramas I have been considering for the longest time. They are:

Eternal Love

Ashes of Love

Three Lives, Three Worlds: The Pillow Book (I know that this is connected to Eternal Love but from what I heard it doesn't really matter the order?)

What I am really in the mood for is something fantastical, romantic, and epic if that makes sense. If there is another drama you think fits my description feel free to recommend that as well, but only if it has a happy ending. For my first long drama, I want a happy ending after investing all that time lol. 

Definitely The Untamed. It's 50 episodes, and super epic for sure. It's hella good and emotional and it will seem short because you want it to keep going. It's on Netflix. As for romance, it's censored because it's a gay romance and, well it's China lol. But it's still really romantic anyways. It's my favorite drama of all time and I don't even like historical dramas. It's also fantasy btw.

and yes it has a happy ending

Kcitkat:

Definitely The Untamed. It's 50 episodes, and super epic for sure. It's hella good and emotional and it will seem short because you want it to keep going. It's on Netflix. As for romance, it's censored because it's a gay romance and, well it's China lol. But it's still really romantic anyways. It's my favorite drama of all time and I don't even like historical dramas. It's also fantasy btw.

and yes it has a happy ending

I saw the trailer and it looks really really good. My friend and I are doing watch parties and I think I want to save this one for that. Seems like one she would really like too. After we finish the Kdrama we are watching I'm gonna suggest we give this one a try. Thanks for the recommendation. 

I think the biggest impact for me was.

Eternal Love and Legend Of Fu Yao with Yang Mi.

Love and destiny was also not bad.

And The Legends with Bai Lu.

And I think everybody should see:

The story Minglan

The Story of Yanxi Palace

Lost love in times is historical, has fantasy and a good love story.