For those who have watched I Will Find You a Better Home, Auntie Xu is the epitome of a male partner. Maybe he is too saintly for his own good, but he is calm, loves dogs, know how to cook and is rich in an understated way. 

So I am looking for male leads just like Auntie Xu. Its not that he fits into the above description, it is just that he will be a likeable, approachable, mentor figure who is funny too and the romance is swoon worthy. Tall order I know, but if you have recs let me know. I don't mind any country. TIA.

The Gravity of a Rainbow - The male lead is a professor, a cook, and a boxing instructor. He's really polite and kind, and the romance is cute up to a point. Just a warning that this drama gets really dramatic in the second half, and the romance starts getting frustrating once the female lead's mother gets involved. Also, there are some terrible secondary characters that do so many unacceptable things. 

The Story of Ming Lan - this has a really cute romance, but it's a slow-burn; the guy has a fun personality and is very loyal 

something:

The Gravity of a Rainbow - The male lead is a professor, a cook, and a boxing instructor. He's really polite and kind, and the romance is cute up to a point. Just a warning that this drama gets really dramatic in the second half, and the romance starts getting frustrating once the female lead's mother gets involved. Also, there are some terrible secondary characters that do so many unacceptable things. 

The Story of Ming Lan - this has a really cute romance, but it's a slow-burn; the guy has a fun personality and is very loyal 

Thank you so much for the recs. I have been hearing about Story of Ming Lan for a while now, but didnt start considering its length. Will definitely check out The gravity of a rainbow. You have been such a help :)