*Disclaimer* I wrote my own synopsis for this because I felt that the synopsis provided is misleading and makes it sound like a standard romance. This drama is much more complicated. My version has a few more details. I did my best to make is as non-spoilery as possible, but some might still dislike seeing it. I will post it in white so that the people that might not want to see it... won't. lol

Synopsis:

Tong Xue lived with her maternal Uncle after the death of her parents and worked at a cafe to help them financially. Shoa Qian was forced into an unhappy marriage with Yong Fei to save his father's company. Shao Qian met Tong Xue at this cafe that holds special meaning to him. He felt an attraction to her, but soon discovered that her father was responsible for his father's death. He blackmails her into becoming his mistress in order to get revenge. However, he can't seem to fully let go of his original feelings for her. What will happen to them? Will Shao Qian ever forgive her for the sins of her father? Will Tong Xue ever forgive him for treating her so harshly?

Cast:

Hawick Lau as Mo Shao Qian
Ying Er as Tong Xue
Wen Zheng Rong as Mu Yong Fei
Li Zhi Nan as Xiao Shan
Zhao Chu Lun as Mu Zhen Fei (Yong Fei's younger brother)
Zhang Chen Guang as Mu Chang He (Yong Fei's father)
Liu Xue Hua as Jiang Yun (Shao Qian's mother)
Zhang Ran as Liu Yue Ying

I started watching this two days ago and I'm now on episode 9. This show is addictive. Has anyone else watched this? What did you think of it?
Episode 12

Zi Xian deserves the most sarcastic slow clap that I can muster. lol**So she posts those pics up to try and ruin Tong Xue. This is her master plan to keep Tong Xue from getting closer to Xiao Shan. Uhhh no? That's the worst plan ever. If she's already in a relationship with Shao Qian...she won't be able to mess around with Xiao Shan. Instead, now it's Xiao Shan that she's turning to for help in this situation. Epic fail! ** :p
I loved this drama. I like the way it is edited because normally with makjang stuff you get a few eps in "present day" and the next 30 eps are what happened in the "past", which is something I can't stand because the drama becomes so long and boring. Instead this drama gave you flashbacks (little doses of the past) which I really enjoyed because the few flashbacks keep the viewer curious and entertained.
Zero_Energy wrote: I loved this drama. I like the way it is edited because normally with makjang stuff you get a few eps in "present day" and the next 30 eps are what happened in the "past", which is something I can't stand because the drama becomes so long and boring. Instead this drama gave you flashbacks (little doses of the past) which I really enjoyed because the few flashbacks keep the viewer curious and entertained.

That's something I noticed too! I like that not all is revealed at once and you get little snippets here and there while the present events continue on. :) It makes it easier to watch and you don't grow weary of the plot.
I watched this drama and I came to like it. The relationship between the main leads remind me of revenge Thai lakorns at some point. Mo Shao Qian is hateful and I love those types of male leads so he gained a spot in my favorite characters list.
CheerfulSoul wrote: I watched this drama and I came to like it. The relationship between the main leads remind me of revenge Thai lakorns at some point.
Mo Shao Qian is hateful and I love those types of male leads so he gained a spot in my favorite characters list.

I thought the same thing! lol I kept thinking how much this reminded me of a lakorn. The actor that portrays him has earned a spot on my favorites list. ^^ I definitely want to see him in more shows.

Right now, I'm watching the miniseries that follows. I also found the epilogue of the book translated into English. It takes place right after the events in the first drama. From what I heard from other fans of the show, the epilogue is different from what they did with the miniseries. lol!

*edit*

Hmm Just finished the miniseries and, while I may have went in hoping for something different, I was still pleased enough to give it a 7 or an 8...still deciding. ^^

*another edit* Ended up putting it down to a 6. lol After reflecting on all of the elements, it just didn't meet up to the standards o the main drama.
I'm currently watching this drama and I love it. Mo Shao Qian is one sexy bastard... He has definitely become one of my favorite characters.
Ahhh I didn't see this thread earlier....but I watched SWAK a couple of months back and it blew me away....I loved it even though at the time I wasn't a fan of Chinese/Taiwanese dramas ....I am now all down to this drama
_Rosie wrote: Ahhh I didn't see this thread earlier....but I watched SWAK a couple of months back and it blew me away....I loved it even though at the time I wasn't a fan of Chinese/Taiwanese dramas ....I am now all down to this drama

Hopefully this is your gateway to lots of other Chinese/Taiwanese dramas. We will make you a fan yet! Muahahaha!
I have seen a few in the wake of SWAK... Office Girls Sunny Happiness In Time With You and I have more downloaded :)
_Rosie wrote: I have seen a few in the wake of SWAK...

Office Girls

Sunny Happiness

In Time With You

and I have more downloaded :)

*victory dance* I'm hoping to up my C/HK/T drama count this year. ^^
This is one of my favorite themes, vengeance. This is one of the most gloomy and dark (movie-like) dramas that I've ever watched. I definitely love the torturing scenes. *I love watching dramas and movies with Hawick Lau. *I hate watching dramas with Ying Er in it. She is really annoying.
Plural wrote:
*I hate watching dramas with Ying Er in it. She is really annoying.

She is very annoying. Thank goodness Hawick Lau was so darned awesome!
 Ari_Lee:
I'm currently watching this drama and I love it. Mo Shao Qian is one sexy bastard... He has definitely become one of my favorite characters.

haha true ...you cant hate him even if you want to