Hello! Just saying a general welcome. My first cdrama was Princess Agents and I've been hooked ever since.All of my friends and family make fun of me for watching cdramas and kdramas, but just don't care. I am glad that   there are other people out there that I can fan girl with and get excited with about new films!

Hey!! Princess Agents was actually my first as well... I can definitely relate to you... I am the only subtitle-drama-watcher in my family hahaha they think I'm crazy. I hope you find something good. xx

Why do your friends and family make fun of you watching cdramas and kdramas?

Thousand_Paper_Cranes:

Hey!! Princess Agents was actually my first as well... I can definitely relate to you... I am the only subtitle-drama-watcher in my family hahaha they think I'm crazy. I hope you find something good. xx

Same, my parents are like-- How do you watch, read, and understand at the same time? I'm like-- it's not that hard...you just read and look up...

Tvvelve:

Why do your friends and family make fun of you watching cdramas and kdramas?

they hear the word "drama" and they think its like over the top dramatic Spanish soap operas. I try to explain that its not like, but they don't listen

Ashlyn_R:

they hear the word "drama" and they think its like over the top dramatic Spanish soap operas. I try to explain that its not like, but they don't listen

I can't relate as k-dramas and c-dramas are rather popular where I live (Singapore). 

But I don't usually tell my friends and family how much I am into dramas. They expect me to spend time either on work or on "meaningful" activities. Spending too much time on onscreen entertainment will garner a lot of disapproval.

YashKnight:

Same, my parents are like-- How do you watch, read, and understand at the same time? I'm like-- it's not that hard...you just read and look up...

Ahhaaha yeasss especially when watching Viki- "How do you watch, read subtitles, understand and laugh at the comments?"... I guess we are a breed of amazing multitaskers. 

Tvvelve:

I can't relate as k-dramas and c-dramas are rather popular where I live (Singapore). 

But I don't usually tell my friends and family how much I am into dramas. They expect me to spend time either on work or on "meaningful" activities. Spending too much time on onscreen entertainment will garner a lot of disapproval.

God I relate to you so much. They think I waste all my time watching fluffy rom-com trash :) what can you do? 

Thousand_Paper_Cranes:
They think I waste all my time watching fluffy rom-com trash :) what can you do? 

I pretend to do my work when I am actually watching dramas... not the best solution since it's sort of like deceiving others...

Thank goodness MDL exists, where I can find like-minded people like y'all :)))