Edited:

I am finally done with Goodbye my Princess, and I am looking for a drama with the same feels. The same cinematography and beautiful acting and plot. I also love tragedy kind of dramas though they are sad, but they are quite realistic for me. Not all love ends with a happy ending though.  I wanna play some parts just to reminisce the feeling, but remembering  how the DanChi clan has been killed and when she found out that it was her Gu Xiaowu who did it still tears me up. 

I wanna watch something new again. I wanna forget Xiaofeng's death, or else I might run out of tears every time I think of her grievances.

Can anyone recommend me any CHINESE HISTORICAL DRAMA?

Scarlet Heart - Released back in 2011, so the CGI may be a little crappy but the plot is good.

Nirvana in Fire - Not romance-heavy. Plot, cinematography and acting are well done.

Bloody Romance - Plot is above average, cinematography is good and acting is superb.

DramaDrama:

Scarlet Heart - Released back in 2011, so the CGI may be a little crappy but the plot is good.

Nirvana in Fire - Not romance-heavy. Plot, cinematography and acting are well done.

Bloody Romance - Plot is above average, cinematography is good and acting is superb.

Oh,  I haven't seen the Original Scarlet heart just the Korean Version.. But the bald prince's don't seem appealing to me hhehe ^__^

Bloody Romance ~~ This I have seen a few clips is this really good?

Indai93:

Oh,  I haven't seen the Original Scarlet heart just the Korean Version.. But the bald prince's don't seem appealing to me hhehe ^__^

Bloody Romance ~~ This I have seen a few clips is this really good?

Too bad~I know quite a few who skipped Scarlet Heart due to the princes' hairstyles too. I didn't watch the Korean version, so couldn't compare.

As for Bloody Romance, I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece but it is a good one compared to most dramas last year. The romance part of the plot is well executed. However, there are not much character development throughout the series, other than the female lead. Ending is complete but a bit rushed imho. I would say give it a try for at least 3 episodes, because episode 1 is mostly about the female lead, so you may want to watch a few episodes to know the all the leading characters.

DramaDrama:

Too bad~I know quite a few who skipped Scarlet Heart due to the princes' hairstyles too. I didn't watch the Korean version, so couldn't compare.

As for Bloody Romance, I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece but it is a good one compared to most dramas last year. The romance part of the plot is well executed. However, there are not much character development throughout the series, other than the female lead. Ending is complete but a bit rushed imho. I would say give it a try for at least 3 episodes, because episode 1 is mostly about the female lead, so you may want to watch a few episodes to know the all the leading characters.

Yes, I heard that the Original version of Scarlet is heartbreaking, but yes the korean version is enough to make me bawl my eyes out. 

I like the graphics of Bloody romance when I googled it. But if it's not as interesting as Goodbye my Princess I might not watch it.  Goodbye my princess is so far one of the few Cdramas I didn't perform any fast forward coz every episode is superb!

DramaDrama:

I agree on Nirvana in Fire. It's really the biggest tragedy yet so beautiful at the same time. It got me crying in front of my laptop screen at 3AM, and I was so depressed that I couldn't watch anything for almost 1-2 months. 

cheatavann:

I agree on Nirvana in Fire. It's really the biggest tragedy yet so beautiful at the same time. It got me crying in front of my laptop screen at 3AM, and I was so depressed that I couldn't watch anything for almost 1-2 months. 

Nirvana in Fire is it where Huge is the actor?

Indai93:

Nirvana in Fire is it where Huge is the actor?

yes :) brilliant performance from Hu Ge! The best thing I've ever seen in c-drama

Ashes of love

Rise of Phoenix

Princess silver

Legend of fuyao

Ten miles of peach blossom

Legend of yunxi

Bloody romance

"I like the graphics of Bloody romance when I googled it. But if it's not as interesting as Goodbye my Princess I might not watch it.  Goodbye my princess is so far one of the few Cdramas I didn't perform any fast forward coz every episode is superb!"

I think Bloody Romance is superb.  One of the most interesting cdramas I've watched in awhile in terms of story and execution/direction/cinematography .     And most importantly, the casting...especially the 2 males.   So refreshing.    I will watch anything with them in it going forward.  

cheatavann:

Okay, I might give it a try... though I read some comments, it's only for the smart ones lol since there are lots of talking and plotting in the drama

DrAmAlOvEr:

Ashes of love

Rise of Phoenix

Princess silver

Legend of fuyao

Ten miles of peach blossom

Legend of yunxi

Bloody romance

Ashes of love -done

Ten Miles of Peach Blossom - done

Legend of Yunxi - is this as good GMP?

Rise of Phoenix -Is this where Ni Ni is starred at? I love Ni Ni though 

JoanneSmith:

"I like the graphics of Bloody romance when I googled it. But if it's not as interesting as Goodbye my Princess I might not watch it.  Goodbye my princess is so far one of the few Cdramas I didn't perform any fast forward coz every episode is superb!"

I think Bloody Romance is superb.  One of the most interesting cdramas I've watched in awhile in terms of story and execution/direction/cinematography .     And most importantly, the casting...especially the 2 males.   So refreshing.    I will watch anything with them in it going forward.  

I am intrigued with your GIF lol. 

Is there any Kissing scenes with this one? XD

Indai93:

I am intrigued with your GIF lol. 

Is there any Kissing scenes with this one? XD

That GIF ran on my profile for the whole time it was airing.  Love that scene. *sigh*  Not a kiss scene as this is early on in her "training."  But the chemistry begins here for these two.