This will be my 2nd CDRAMA. I just watched Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei . I just loved everything about it. It had comedy,martial arts, history, wuxia, friendship, and some romance. My first CDRAMA is my favorite CDRAMA just like my first JDRAMA is ny favorite. Ok so these are so options of the dramas I'm looking for. 

Martial Arts or Wuxia should be in it also if theres Action thats fine. But Martial Arts/Wuxia is a must. No fantasy I want some hands on fight. 

It should have a good plot or a simple enough plot to understand. 

After watching Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei , I might want to watch more of Huo Wallace. Recommend me one of his dramas to watch.

Romance In the drama doesn't really matter as long as the plot is good. But if there is Romance then its fine. 

OK So I'm looking for a CDRAMA that has any of those qualities in it. Not All have to match the drama just some of them. 

Battle of Changsha starring Huo Wallace is a war show. And great one. Also on Love Me If You Dare witch is a suspenseshow again starring Huo Wallace, can be recommended.

Nirvana in Fire - the BEST cdrama. I mean, the BEST SHOW EVER. its historical, some wuxia martial arts without to much fantastical, awe-inspiring narrative, riveting acting, not much romance. This drama is like the chinese version of Alexander Dumas's 'Count of Monte Cristo'. The plot has so many twist turns stops and surprises. That is what made this drama oh so good cause despite all the turns and twist the narrative was just sooo fluid. This drama is Simply the best ever. THE. BEST. EVER. 

I also second Battle of Changsa. Its a period drama with no wuxia but oh so good. Wallace huo at his best. 

Ten Miles of Peach Blossom - full on romance wuxia epic fantasy cdrama. Deals with dragon people, foxtailed people, water people and all other chinese folklore being and their lives in the fntasy alternate world.

The Disguider - another period drama, but oooooh so good. This was the drama that super made me  fan of Jin Dong (loooopve him). Such awesome espionage and war drama. 

Bubu Jingxin - this is the original adaptation of the korean drama Scarlet Heart that is based from the writing of Tong Hua. Its a historical drama with elements of wuxia and fantasy. UI certainly improved in her acting choos as compared to her previous works, she doesnt compare to Cecelia Liu. And Nicky Wu was soooo mesmerizing.

Go Princess Go - if you want super ultra silly fantasy wuxia history setting drama. This is the one for you. Laugh out loud drama with super crazy plot and scenes. This one is like a all things weird sitcom that somehow was addicting.

Others to check out: Wuxin The Monster Killer, Return of the Condor heroes, Chinese Paladin 3, Perfect Couple, Prince of Lanling

green_tokki:

@ken where did you watch Strange Hero YZM? In dramacool ep30 is only 16min long....

Viki

green_tokki:

@ken where did you watch Strange Hero YZM? In dramacool ep30 is only 16min long....

Viki should have it (at least it does for my country).

As for the question at hand - Swordsman comes to mind. Same lead. Pretty silly at times. It might cross the line occasionally into magic & fantasy but it's still mostly swordfighting (and martial arts) for everyone including the magic users.

I know there was a lot of hate for the ending but you said romance doesn't matter *quite* so much for you so it shouldn't be too bad.

Edit: I'll add Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang.  But again there is magic/fantasy elements... but once again the main focus is swordfighting for most of the main characters as far as I can recall.

I think Perfect Couple probably fits it best because I don't recall any magic. It was recommended by others already.

Currently airing:  The King's Woman    1/2 the story is martial arts, the other half is and intense plot based on true story.     Try a few eps ad see if it hooks you.   The choreography, music, costumes and directing are great. 

Huo Wallace? Than you have to watch The Journey of a Flower, and The Imperial Doctress

I love The Empress of China, The Princess Wei Young, Princess Agents and Legend of Lu Zhen

Also, I've been watching this recently, but dunno what to tell you about it yet :D Lost Love in Times

Hope it helps^^

I would recommend Red Sorghum (2014), Nirvana in Fire, The Legend of Condor Heroes (2003)