還珠格格

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc478/Crazy4you93/group11.jpg[/IMG]

Season 1 MDL Link[/url]
Season 2 MDL Link
Season 3 MDL Link

Also known as: Princess Returning Pearl / My Fair Princess / Princess Pearl / Huan Zhu Ge Ge
Related TV show: New My Fair Princess

[u]Season 1:

Broadcast year: April 28, 1998 to October 11, 1998
Broadcast network: Hunan TV
Episodes: 24
Average Duration: 40 min. per episode
Genres: Action, Comedy, Romance, Drama, Family, historical
Theme song: [i]Dang (當)
("When") by Power Station

Original writing (novel): Huan Zhu Ge Ge by Qiong Yao
Screenwriter: Qiong Yao
Producer: Qiong Yao, Ouyang Chang Lin, Ping Xin Tao, Liu Xiang Qun, He Xiu Qiong, Wei Wen Bin
Director: Sun Shu Pei

Synopsis:
Xiao Yan Zi met Xia Zi Wei, a poor girl who marched a long way to find her father, the Emperor, but nobody would take her seriously. Xiao Yan Zi decided to sneak into the mountain where the Emperor hunts, but Zi Wei could not handle the tiring mountain climb, therefore asking Xiao Yan Zi to tell the Emperor her story. On her way, Xiao Yan Zi gets shot and could not fully explain her story, making the Emperor mistaking her for the Princess. Here starts a long and painful story of getting everyone to their proper roles, but many dangers lies near – the death sentence if anyone lies to the emperor, and an evil Empress who is waiting to catch Xiao Yan Zi in the act. Added on top, Xiao Yan Zi's lack of proper manners and knowledge of books has driven her closer to jeopardy.

Cast:
Vicki Zhao as Xiao Yan Zi
Ruby Lin as Xia Ziwei
Alec Su as Yong Qi / Wu A Ge
Zhou Jie as Fu Erkang
Zhang Tie Lin as Emperor Qianlong

Opening:

Ending:
Who has seen this drama? I just started watching it, so far it's not bad, kind of cheesy, but I still have 21 more episodes to get through. The theme songs are nice though (:
Do you plan on watching all 3 seasons? I have New My Fairy Princess on my list but not this.
christypop wrote: Do you plan on watching all 3 seasons?

I have New My Fairy Princess on my list but not this.

I can only seem to find the first season to watch so I'm currently watching that one to see how I like it. I'd like to watch all 3 seasons, though. I'm not sure if I'll watch the remake either.
I think the first is on my list. Let me know what you think of it Twinnie. :D
lol too many seasons! :D I have yet to watch my first chinese drama, so I don't know if I should watch it or not :/
Sleepninja wrote: I think the first is on my list. Let me know what you think of it Twinnie. :D

Haha okay (: I think it's good so far, getting better with each episode. It is kind of cheesy though haha. The music is good, the acting is decent, too.

Becca256 wrote: lol too many seasons! :D
I have yet to watch my first chinese drama, so I don't know if I should watch it or not :/

Hahaha there are! And the seasons just get more and more episodes, if they ever sub the second season (or if I can find it) I'll probably watch it.

This drama would probably be a nice first Chinese drama, it's also older, but it's not bad. My first one was Bu Bu Jing Xin (Startling By Each Step) which I actually have been in the mood to rewatch but it's 35 episodes :/ At least Chinese dramas tend to run about 40-45 mins per episode. Bu Bu Jing Xin is an excellent drama, though, and aside from a few things in it I was really impressed with it. Princess Pearl is similar only in that it's during the Qing Dynasty and deals with royalty. It's more loose and fun, and the characters understand each other in a way that's actually really relieving. Instead of them being mad at each other (like most dramas) for a period of time, it clears up fast. So I have nothing bad to say about it right now, like I said, I'm liking it better with each episode (:

Not the best, but it's nice (:
Those are some dedicated actors, shaving their heads like that! ;) I don't think this one is for me.
Jeaniessi wrote: Those are some dedicated actors, shaving their heads like that! ;) I don't think this one is for me.

Hahaha I agree! :p And that's okay (:
I'm watching season 1 now! ^^ It's not the best drama, but it's fun to watch and I really like it.

I don't know if I should watch season 2 after this though? What do you think?