Back than it was 60 episodes but it is 40 episodes now.  Is it necessary drama to have such long episode especially if they have nothing to tell but padded a drama with filler.  If they can cut drama to 20 , straight to the point it will be better for most dramas. 

Some dramas are better shorter, some need more episodes to tell the story. It just depends.  

I think it depends too. But I’m currently watching Fox Spirit Matchmaker and even 36 eps seems unnecessary 

bunnyfreakz:

Back than it was 60 episodes but it is 40 episodes now.  Is it necessary drama to have such long episode especially if they have nothing to tell but padded a drama with filler.  If they can cut drama to 20 , straight to the point it will be better for most dramas. 

There are still dramas that have 60, 70 or even 90 episodes. But now most c-dramas have 30-40 episodes. And there are shorter also with 24 episodes.  Sometimes longer dramas are better because the pace is slower and you can know the characters and the world better. I like longer costume dramas, but with modern dramas I prefer the shorter ones.

itscelina:

I think it depends too. But I’m currently watching Fox Spirit Matchmaker and even 36 eps seems unnecessary 

That's what I am talking about. FSM seems not much to tell. If it just 20-ish episode, it will be better.