Closed

[Request] Streaming Provider

This discussion has been closed.

Ji-N:

Update: https://forms.gle/q9vbjZfCDravQkua6 removed the comma in link

Thanks for this 

Your Highness, Ji-N, 

Please do something for app as well, it crashed too many times. I know I should psot on other forum, but too lazy, sorry!!!

Shenmi:

I wanted to edit the streaming service on the page of the Trail of the Panda  but Disney plus is not on the list of streaming providers. 

https://www.disneyplus.com

It's still not there :(   I'm trying to Edit Information on a movie page

Shenmi:

It's still not there :(   I'm trying to Edit Information on a movie page

You need to fill out the forum link above to request DisneyPlus as a service. Not sure how long after that it takes to be added.

Are you guys still taking submissions? If yes, can you please add this YT channel? This YT channel is officially powered by CJ ENM.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCsJ_a9JujtcZUaeGlo3x4eg

Pijush:

Are you guys still taking submissions? If yes, can you please add this YT channel? This YT channel is officially powered by CJ ENM.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCsJ_a9JujtcZUaeGlo3x4eg

Fill out the below form to request streaming providers; this forum thread is no longer monitored by the admins/they will ignore requests posted here; they're only taking requests via this:

https://forms.gle/q9vbjZfCDravQkua6 

Anyone can copy and paste this until death of this thread do we part (or until the link/request method changes). :P

ElBee:

Fill out the below form to request streaming providers; this forum thread is no longer monitored by the admins/they will ignore requests posted here; they're only taking requests via this:

https://forms.gle/q9vbjZfCDravQkua6 

Anyone can copy and paste this until death of this thread do we part (or until the link/request method changes). :P

Thanks 

GagaOOLala should be top priority here. 

As it is the only official medium not listed currently that are producing, and releasing licensed films, tv series and original content for Asia.

Hi, everyone!

We've also filled out for GagaOOLala. ;)

Thanks for the other users that have also submitted for our platform to be included. Love!

I have added requests for some Vietnamese streaming platform but don't know how long it will take to get responses.

Anh Tu Le:

I have added requests for some Vietnamese streaming platform but don't know how long it will take to get responses.

It won't be added, as this platform does not have Vietnamese region. 

Nauriya:

It won't be added, as this platform does not have Vietnamese region. 

It's a site which serves Chinese/Korean dramas mainly. But it has Vietnamese subtitle, so it can be understood by both Chinese and Vietnamese people. I think it will be good for Vietnamese users.

And it would be would better if there is a service filter by languages, so I can skip the service that I don't understand.

Anh Tu Le:

It's a site which serves Chinese/Korean dramas mainly. But it has Vietnamese subtitle, so it can be understood by both Chinese and Vietnamese people. I think it will be good for Vietnamese users.

And it would be would better if there is a service filter by languages, so I can skip the service that I don't understand.

If you didn't explain that it hosts Chinese/Korean dramas when you submitted the form to add it, be sure to resubmit it because if they read it the way you explained before, it does sound like it hosts Vietnamese shows-just thought that should be said since it might be rejected without clarity of what they host (be sure they're LEGAL streaming services, not third party sites).

Re: language filters, to be fair, while I always put the streaming platform language options up when I add things that are on Viu in particular, in a lot of cases, subtitles beyond English aren't available right away on, say, Viki or even Viu etc... so many won't be updated. There's only so much attention any given volunteer will pay to a show-this isn't the streaming PLATFORM, after all, so there's no reason for a given person in general to go checking week after week for new subs on anything since by and large there ARE only English subs on content most are able to access (what isn't regionally blocked, for instance, like kakao which blocks anyone not using a South Korea IP address which means I can't know what subs are on it even if I can get the link for it). Even w/Viu I have to use a VPN to actually open a drama on the site and see the subs available-it's kind of a pain in the @rse. Apart from iqiyi for whatever reason, most shows will only show streaming providers available IN the country that matches your IP, but it is no doubt going to be a bit buggy. (You still have to go into edit-services to access the full list of streaming services.) In theory, once the site you filled out the form for is on here, it'll show up specifically for people IN Vietnam. That won't necessarily help if someone is only comfortable w/Vietnamese subs and is in another country, but that's probably(?) a small %, especially mid-pandemic.

Anh Tu Le:
And it would be would better if there is a service filter by languages

*DO* go, though, and post a suggestion in that specific forum (scroll down below all the chatty forums) so admins can see it and throw it in their to-do list! It isn't hard to add into the coding and implement as a filter, BUT like I said, it has the limitation of most of us not seeing sites w/Vietnamese subs/for Vietnamese audiences, so it'll be up to people IN Vietnam to add those streaming services to help others in Vietnam. That's how the site ends up helping the most people. :)

@Elbee: sorry I cannot quote your post since it's too long. I intend to add the series on those platform myself since that would help other Vietnamese and myself as well.

For the language filter,  it would be better if I can have a preference of favorite languages, so the streaming services will be displayed in 2 row: favorite languages and all languages. Since if those Vietnamese streaming platform get approved, they would be unnecessary for many users, so there should be a favorite languages display to ignore those Vietnamese services if users want. And the users can still take a look at the all languages since the language/subtitle infos are not always accurate.

Anh Tu Le:

Thank you, off-topic, we are looking for a Vietnamese translator to translate the website to Vietnamese. Also, we are looking for a Korean and Japanese translator. Please PM me if anyone knows or wants to be part of it.