Mparthur-

Forgot the episode but it's the one where xio Lin got capture and love thread returns to fox girl. They had a scene where she comforts him in bed but was tossing and turning. I think this part got is where they film the kiss scene that was deleted:(

Btw that thanks for the book link. The HE was so sweet. Definitely redemption. I read the BE and was heart broken.  I would rage of they picked that one :((( 

But I was still confuse on the tombstone. Meaning he pre set up the whole thing already knowing he will die to get rid of the demon? 

Sorry the site won't let me reply to the actual comment.. Not sure why. 

Alicetcfwl:

Yup, tbh that part of the novel is my fave lol. There is this mortal girl that really wants to marry BZQ and the bride price is 100 silver  taels, but BZQ is always telling her he is poor. So when LSS comes and when he finally agrees to marry her (LSS says its only a couple of silver to marry her lol)  he gives her all his saved 500 silver taels lol.

BZQ knows that he is TTJ?

mparthur:

BZQ knows that he is TTJ?

after his memory is unsealed yes he does.  although for a while he still pretends that he doesn't remember until LSS calls him out for it.  

mparthur:

No, it will be too boring to see Leo Luo and Bai Lu being a couple in almost every tv series.  

Well,to be it depno he screen and surel they will not make them appear together again like right now, they have other dramas, but i will go for it if there is a romance comedy or something similar to peach blossom if thy wan some heart break t leat in both of the series they had some good moments and a good ending. There was never only sad times so i will gladly wait if they want another XIAXIA, i heard the rumor they where going for a collaboration for the 3 installment of peach blossom, tough i liked the others, in the last series when i knew there was this rumors i was really happy. But i know it's just a rumor and nothing else, we might never see them again, not in the near future at least

This ep really confused me esp the timeline. Is the mortal arc a trial or is it real? Was LSS experiencing hardships every 500 years while in the lake (including the massacre of her family) or were the events of the past 500 years special? XL and YBC as well, were they just experiencing their mortal trials?

voldermortsunbae:

This ep really confused me esp the timeline. Is the mortal arc a trial or is it real? Was LSS experiencing hardships every 500 years while in the lake (including the massacre of her family) or were the events of the past 500 years special? XL and YBC as well, were they just experiencing their mortal trials?

If 10,000 years ago is the start, and 0 represents present day, I think the timeline is:

[10,000 years ago] is the start, and can create multiple universes depending on the choices people make aka butterfly effect. In this drama, we have two PARALLEL universes:

Universe A (end of the world thanks to red-hair Devil God)

Universe B (world is safe due to Li Susu time travelling in Universe A, and thereby reshaping Universe B)

10,000 years ago during the war between Devil God and Twelve Ancient Gods: Dimian is locked up in Huangyuan

0+10 something years ago, let's make it 18: Qu Xuanzi is battling demons and is saved by Dimian. Qu Xuanzi promises to find the egg that is Li Susu (from 10,000 years ago). He finds the egg, and puts the soul into the mortal world to undergo various trials, and a human baby forms.

0+10 years ago: We know from previous ep that Li Susu in Universe B suddenly suddenly burns without fire, and goes into a coma, which happened to be another trial in Universe B. Yet this Universe B LSS' trial is actually Li Susu from Universe A teleporting back 500 years (starting the Kingdom of Jing storyline) and reshaping Universe B in the process. Li Susu from Universe A doing all the random shenanigans in Jing meant Li Susu's evil soul from Universe B couldn't complete the trial properly, and was killed during the lightning curse on the tower.

What I don't get is:

Li Susu in Universe B was saying that 500 years ago was one of the trials of the evil part of her soul - does that mean trials include time travelling all over the place as well? 

The only explanations to this loop hole are:

1. Qu Xuanzi actually meant he found the egg 9990 years ago (just 10 years after the big battle)

2. Universe A and Universe B run on different time scales (10 years in Universe B = 500 years in Universe A)

I might wait for Douyin drama analysers before updating the main post lol

oceanstarjp:

also in the extras he goes to a sect competition with LSS, his daughter, and a demon competitor.  LSS tells all of them to behave.  But it shows GYJW meeting Zi Mi for the first time and he's watching TTJ and sees him peeling grapes for LSS and his daughter.  He feels relieved knowing that he is gentle and loving towards his family even though he is a devil god.  So cute it put a smile on my face!

How we wish we have a second season to see all these back story and subsequent reconciliation. It’s really no justice to concise so much and have a quick ending in 40ep.

@Underthestars

Well, Qu Xuanzi or GYJW (one of them) said that LSS goes to that comatose state for ten years ever since she woke up as a baby 500 years ago. What I think and is purely my perception is that every time she goes on that journey, she has gone through it multiple times in Universe A, but just doesnt remember it fully. The outcome which you call Universe B (and I agree for the simplicity of explaining) is the only time we know of that TTJ has not ended emerging as the DG as the same time in Universe A aka 500 years ago. Let us take this 10 years as  almost 3 years in the Universe A timeline, cuz that is what she spent in YXWs body. So if for 9990 years she has spent 9490in that egg till she "hatched" and went through 10 mortal lifes (based on how many times GYJW went through till he woke up as GYJW), then for these 500 years left she has gone roughly 5 times every 90 years (10 are spent in coma). So I would draw from this thus that there are probably 5 more different cases in which LSS has gone back, done everything and did not manage to change the outcome of Universe A, hence no other Universes created from it. By anything I mean every thing from killing him to lying to him without her catching feelings hence why she may not remember it. Just that this last time she went and changed everything she remembers cuz 1st she came back to Universe B, and second she caught feelings, no matter if guilt or love or regret. 

I’m assuming this theory can also apply to GYJW and XL then, that because of love that is what made them finally wake up in Universe B?

voldermortsunbae:

I’m assuming this theory can also apply to GYJW and XL then, that because of love that is what made them finally wake up in Universe B?

Probably, tho maybe different kind of love than LSS' one. All we know is Pang Zhi was sent to find him and help him become immortal. In Universe A, XL succeeded in becoming immortal, In Universe B tho, Pang Zhi had to do some witchcraft so XL becomes GYJW. As OP said - the butterfly effect. When she changed the fate of TTJ she had to pay for it, so GYJW is actually an entity like a Puppet- it can think and cultivate, but it is not original XL that was supposed to become immortal. He also probably has a seal on his memories done by Pang Zhi. 

While waiting for a new episode of TTEOTM, I have started watching this series, 'I belonged to Your World.'.  It's so funny although it is a low budget C-drama.  Watch it.

What is the origin of Jiumin's name?!

FlynnRyder:

What is the origin of Jiumin's name?!

沧  (Cang) is his Master's Surname. It means - vast, cold. 九旻 (Jiumin) - 九 means nine. 旻 also written and pronounced as 民 (Min) . 民 is civil; people. 九旻 also means 无上九天 (Wú shàng jiǔtiān) which is "Supreme Nine Heavens"

Alicetcfwl:

沧  (Cang) is his Master's Surname. It means - vast, cold. 九旻 (Jiumin) - 九 means nine. 旻 also written and pronounced as 民 (Min) . 民 is civil; people. 九旻 also means 无上九天 (Wú shàng jiǔtiān) which is "Supreme Nine Heavens"

Does it have any significance? I remember his master being all mysterious about it?