One thing that I'm curious is how Susu handled her pregnancy after Tantai Jin sacrifice.  I believe she stayed in the demon realm just like in the original story since she is now the official Queen of the Palace judging from LiL A Mi clothes and the audio preview mentioned the palace.  Maybe that spider demon lady helped her during those years since she knew their history and respected her current lord decisions.  

oceanstarjp:

The original.  When the heavenly pillar was destroyed the bone fell to the mortal world which was how TTJ was born.  

Thank you so much for your detail  explanation .  It all make sense now. Sorry couldn’t quote the other as it was too long lol.  

Hi, Thank you for the explanation. However I have one more DOUBT. As TTJ has become a God in the end and disappeared, there's no chance of his return. Then how did he reincarnate in the novel? 

Mermaid:

Hi, Thank you for the explanation. However I have one more DOUBT. As TTJ has become a God in the end and disappeared, there's no chance of his return. Then how did he reincarnate in the novel? 

TTJ didn't become a god. LSS is the one and only remaining god. In the novel, his "dumb" tiger demon was struggling in the Dao of Compassion when he accidentally swallowed TTJ's wisp of an essence so TTJ was saved. The tiger basically incubated him and 1000 years later, TTJ was born into a mortal family as BZQ.  This tiger is hilarious in the novel. 

Micha:

TTJ didn't become a god. LSS is the one and only remaining god. In the novel, his "dumb" tiger demon was struggling in the Dao of Compassion when he accidentally swallowed TTJ's wisp of an essence so TTJ was saved. The demon tiger basically incubated him and 1000 years later, TTJ was born into a mortal family as BZQ.  This tiger is hilarious in the novel. 

Thanks a lot for the insight. The more I hear about the novel ending, the more I wish they gave it in the drama as well :(

Micha:

TTJ didn't become a god. LSS is the one and only remaining god. In the novel, his "dumb" tiger demon was struggling in the Dao of Compassion when he accidentally swallowed TTJ's wisp of an essence so TTJ was saved. The demon tiger basically incubated him and 1000 years later, TTJ was born into a mortal family as BZQ.  This tiger is hilarious in the novel. 

Oh wat ? The tiger swallowed TTJ ? That’s hilarious ! 

TTJ is a god , he is the demon god and shouldn’t be able to come back coz he had no soul ? 

I wanted to make sure I remembered right.  Jing Mie is a hydra snake devil correct

LoveDemonGodTTJ:

Oh wat ? The tiger swallowed TTJ ? That’s hilarious ! 

TTJ is a god , he is the demon god and shouldn’t be able to come back coz he had no soul ? 

No, TTJ did not become a True God like LSS and the 12 fallen gods before. In the ending of drama, he might have reached  a higher level of ascension - like a semigod - but not  yet a True God. This actually makes his return more logical (as per drama logic) because the wisp of his essence in the HGS can cultivate and eventually be reborn. 

If he did become a True God, he would have been a total goner. Hehe! We have evidence that he did return based on that special ending audio. 

Micha:

No, TTJ did not become a True God like LSS and the 12 fallen gods before. In the ending of drama, he might have reached  a higher level of ascension - like a semigod - but not  yet a True God. This actually makes his return more logical (as per drama logic) because the wisp of his essence in the HGS can cultivate and eventually be reborn. 

If he did become a True God, he would have been a total goner. Hehe! We have evidence that he did return based on that special ending audio. 

Listen, the original demon was higher than the entire divine pantheon. In fact, he can be considered the first god created out of chaos. And yes, he is older than them and has existed since the creation of the world. That is why no one has been able to defeat him. TTJ cognized human life, divine life in dreams and during cultivation, and eventually absorbed it. So why is TTJ a demigod? In my opinion, he surpassed not only the pantheon of gods, but also the first version of the demon lord, the one who was created from chaos and was responsible for all the darkness in the world.

I can’t quote above so will address as such. What Micha shared is partly the novel version and the original leak script intention - to have TTJ reborn as mortal, BZQ, hence he can reconcile with LSS again. So if TTJ can reborn, then he is not a true god. As true god dies, their soul dissipate. That’s how it is in that story. As for this edited ending, IMO, it’s production team to give us an opening ending. Hence you can interpret that TTJ become a true god at the end and dissipate hence he was not reborn - maybe that’s the team intention to make him a true god. So up to which version would you prefer….hahhaa. That’s why so many of us was frustrated with the ending as it’s literally open to interpretation.

Megumi-H:

I can’t quote above so will address as such. What Micha shared is partly the novel version and the original leak script intention - to have TTJ reborn as mortal, BZQ, hence he can reconcile with LSS again. So if TTJ can reborn, then he is not a true god. As true god dies, their soul dissipate. That’s how it is in that story. As for this edited ending, IMO, it’s production team to give us an opening ending. Hence you can interpret that TTJ become a true god at the end and dissipate hence he was not reborn - maybe that’s the team intention to make him a true god. So up to which version would you prefer….hahhaa. That’s why so many of us was frustrated with the ending as it’s literally open to interpretation.

I mean to be fair there is nothing in the drama that states that TTJ became a "True god".  When Susu ascends in the final episode they refer to  her as the only true god in the universe. TTJ even calls her that. He doesn't say  "you're the only other god"  he says  "you're the ONLY god left in the universe".. It's never stated that TTJ reached this level. Even in the special edition episode, they talk about him helping Susu to reach Nirvana, ascend and reach godhood but never talk about him as having become a God. They simply talk about his death through self-sacrifice.

But I think even if he had, I don't think that really changes anything. The script has that same scene where Ming Ye talks about True Gods, souls and reincarnation and yet he still comes back in the end so I don't see why the drama would be any different just because they opted for an open ending. (neither of these explicitly show or state that TTJ has become a true god and most of that dialogue in the final scene is the same) I feel the implications are the same, even if it is sadder.  They themselves have linked the heart-guarding scale with the idea of him returning through the clips they have released. So they definitely wanted that to be possibility in people's minds.

We clearly see part of him has survived, and it's not a mere sliver of consciousness, a formless voice like Ming Ye was.  Like others have said, the tiger demon is what salvages part of his soul in the novel and in the drama it is the heart-guarding scale - but it serves the same purpose narratively. The loophole to which he can return.

They leave it up to the audience to decide when or if this happens but the implications are there.

Megumi-H:

Susu became a pure god, while ML embodies both the divine and the demonic. He defeated the original demon lord by absorbing him and becoming demonic as well. He is a demon and a god. You could say 50% demon, 50% god. He cannot be compared to other gods. This is his fate - everything is always complicated with him, lol

In general, my opinion is this. What we see after 500 years in the scale of heart protection is what has managed to collect around the world from TTJ because in this world it is now in every molecule after self-sacrifice. He's halfway to actually incarnating in the world, if we remember that in the novel he was reincarnated after 1000 years, and we were shown only 500 after he saved the world.

I think Ming Ye might have left some of his last powers in the Heart protective scale to preserved Tantai Jin's soul after destroying destroying the All in Dismay path formation for 500 years.  He replaced the tiger role to have him comeback to the world he saved.  If the audio preview showed that he returned to the demon realm palace and ruled as the king with his wife & daughter.

Alicetcfwl:

True lol. The way she ran away and found him was hilarious xD 

so in the novel its different? I mean we didnt see them reunited or anything in the drama.