joas:

Thanks to u Fiona who gave me the idea of going Japan from China!

I just booked my air tickets. Im going to skip Xian and chengdu this round and just go straight to Tokyo after Jilin. Hahaha.. ive been searching places to visit in China but they are mainly historical/cultural/natural. And then i found that Tokyo is a 2.5hr flight away so i decided to go there instead.

Yea! Finally We have happy Moonies! 

Pytheos:

Fionaaaa, I may hv missed ur IG. Wats dat again?  May I view Chengdu and pandas? My IG ac is just to view, no postings.. me too shy 

https://www.instagram.com/teddythesmolpup?igsh=YTUxczMzNzh4OWky&utm_source=qr

Hahaha no worries. I post to remember places I went. Later when home I will slowly post the places I went just these few years ago.

A lot to view in IG and now slowly cdrama actors are posting in IG as well.

joas:

Thanks to u Fiona who gave me the idea of going Japan from China!

I just booked my air tickets. Im going to skip Xian and chengdu this round and just go straight to Tokyo after Jilin. Hahaha.. ive been searching places to visit in China but they are mainly historical/cultural/natural. And then i found that Tokyo is a 2.5hr flight away so i decided to go there instead.

Good now is your turn to report about Japan hahaha I need a rough idea before my trip in October ? Wait when are you going again?  

Happy that finally you able to decide where you going. 

Fiona_HOD:

Good now is your turn to report about Japan hahaha I need a rough idea before my trip in October ? Wait when are you going again?  

Happy that finally you able to decide where you going. 

Im going in Dec but this will be my 8th trip there. Ahh im going just for the kids cos they like the giant toy/gadget shops and bird cafes. Lol..

If u are only staying around Tokyo, u can make a day (or two) trip to the fuji five lakes Kawaguchiko or Hakone areas. The autumn foliage should be very nice. Get a room with private bath for a night. I feel weird going to the shared ones cos not used to being naked in front of others. Hahaha

Or to the seaside town of Kamakura where theres a huge famous buddha statue. That area is laid back and nice to walk around. 

All these places u can still make it back to tokyo in the evening but maybe a bit rush. 

Tokyo itself, Ueno park is worth a visit. There are some museums there too. Or wander thru the smaller lanes  in asakusa. 

Do u like shopping?? Or more on nature and scenery? 

Im going in Dec but this will be my 8th trip there. Ahh im going just for the kids cos they like the giant toy/gadget shops and bird cafes. Lol..

Thank you thank you. Yeah just Tokyo and I think my daughter included a few  places nearby. 
Me too I feel so embarrassing if those shared ones too. We booked Hakone.  We included Enoshima, Kamakura and I forgotten the names.

Harder to travel to China for you? You had been to Japan right? With kids I guess so? Too many walking on stairs for little kids in China.

Fiona_HOD:

Thank you thank you. Yeah just Tokyo and I think my daughter included a few  places nearby. 
Me too I feel so embarrassing if those shared ones too. We booked Hakone.  We included Enoshima, Kamakura and I forgotten the names.

Harder to travel to China for you? You had been to Japan right? With kids I guess so? Too many walking on stairs for little kids in China.

Young kids will definitely prefer Japan and the bigger cities in CN. Autumn foliage may not be full bloom in Hakone in Oct but weather is nice and chill. Ooh having onsen  while watching XiXi ‘s drama would be nice.. haha.  If u hv time, visit the new ghibli museum! I love ghibli anime’s except the latest boy and heron.. Enjoy ur trips, Moonies. XiXi and Didi are waiting for me haha

Fiona_HOD:

https://www.instagram.com/teddythesmolpup?igsh=YTUxczMzNzh4OWky&utm_source=qr

Hahaha no worries. I post to remember places I went. Later when home I will slowly post the places I went just these few years ago.

A lot to view in IG and now slowly cdrama actors are posting in IG as well.

Your poodles are super cute!!! And the pandas.. I wanna live a life like em! 

Fiona_HOD:

Yes cos China is sooo crazily big. Have to take a plane to visit different cities and then long ride to the famous places. Its hard work just to 打卡 . Plus im the customer service. All kids complaints come to me. I wish i had someone like ur daughter with the sensibility to travel together.  Hahaha..

I really want to go on the river ride in guilin but i think i will need to look for adults. .

Japan is just a lot more convenient.

joas:

Yes cos China is sooo crazily big. Have to take a plane to visit different cities and then long ride to the famous places. Its hard work just to 打卡 . Plus im the customer service. All kids complaints come to me. I wish i had someone like ur daughter with the sensibility to travel together.  Hahaha..

I really want to go on the river ride in guilin but i think i will need to look for adults. .

Japan is just a lot more convenient.

My kids are grown up yeah. And we argue a lot too.

Younger kids yes I agree maybe Japan more suitable but China now with high speed train quite convenient.

I also looking for travelling partner who loves cdramas lol

Pytheos:

Your poodles are super cute!!! And the pandas.. I wanna live a life like em! 

Thank you he is very naughty and annoying hahaha 

I love pandas too :) :)

Fiona_HOD:

Thank you he is very naughty and annoying hahaha 

I love pandas too :) :)

You will spot lots of well dressed dogs in Tokyo esp in chilly Autumn .. haha and buy more stuff for ur fur pals. Years  ago, brought son and nephew to hedgehog pet shop… can only pat those animals .. You love Tokyo, more foreigners working and hence language not huge issue.  Enjoy!

Pytheos:

You will spot lots of well dressed dogs in Tokyo esp in chilly Autumn .. haha and buy more stuff for ur fur pals. Years  ago, brought son and nephew to hedgehog pet shop… can only pat those animals .. You love Tokyo, more foreigners working and hence language not huge issue.  Enjoy!

I really cannot wait for that trip. My heart is in Japan already lol.  Hedgehog? I tried to pet it but was so difficult. Hahaha

Fiona_HOD:

I really cannot wait for that trip. My heart is in Japan already lol.  Hedgehog? I tried to pet it but was so difficult. Hahaha

haha.. Japan is an exciting place. But i grew out from this country cos too many biz and hol trips there. Imagine monthly travels to the same place  and deal with nihon ‘mafias’ for years, yea, I was in high stressed companionship haha.. lots of foreigners staying there  for the last 10 years. But but but it’s still an exciting place! I am a sucker for okonomiyaki! Yes, simple food, but one of the best food for me in jpn.  A pity the main ole fish market  is moved to new area. But do go if u aren’t averse to seafood.  Ttyl ! Enjoy ur day

Fiona_HOD:

My kids are grown up yeah. And we argue a lot too.

Younger kids yes I agree maybe Japan more suitable but China now with high speed train quite convenient.

I also looking for travelling partner who loves cdramas lol

Haha maybe we can go somewhere tgt if theres a chance. Yes i should really try their high speed rail one day. 

Fiona_HOD:

So fast? Are u still in china? I went to this owl cafe what had hedgehogs and snakes as well. The hedgehog just rolled into a ball on my gloves and it felt like handling a warm durian.  The the snake felt like picking up a piece of meat. Hahahah

Pytheos:

haha.. Japan is an exciting place. But i grew out from this country cos too many biz and hol trips there. Imagine monthly travels to the same place  and deal with nihon ‘mafias’ for years, yea, I was in high stressed companionship haha.. lots of foreigners staying there  for the last 10 years. But but but it’s still an exciting place! I am a sucker for okonomiyaki! Yes, simple food, but one of the best food for me in jpn.  A pity the main ole fish market  is moved to new area. But do go if u aren’t averse to seafood.  Ttyl ! Enjoy ur day

Wow why mafia? Because of their work culture? Food wise, we are lucky to get a lot of japanese food locally. My favourite is the pork katsu! 

Joas, yep.. the local work culture.. ;)  It’s rather sad to see ladies and meek good employees being bullied in office. Anyways, yes, food is fabulous there. My first taste of puffer fish was more than a decade, simply mesmerizing the way it was cooked and presented.  Love the shopping back then.  My last trip was to Sunny Okinawa. Wow, nice chillax place and yummy okonomiyaki hahaha.. Wahaaa I need to ‘duduk diam diam after dec this year’