Synopsis:

A prophecy foretold that victory goes to the one who has the priestess' blessing. Yang Xue Wu, the last priestess of her clan, unwittingly embroiled in a war between Northern Qi and Northern Zhou. Although she foresees the tragic fate of Lan Ling Wang, the general of Northern Qi, she nonetheless falls in love with him and helps him win the war against Yuwen Yong, the king of Northern Zhou. But destiny can not be altered.

Cast:

Feng Shao Feng as Lan Ling Wang (Prince of Lan Ling)
Ariel Lin as Yang Xue Wu
Daniel Chan as Yuwen Yong

Northern Qi
George Hu as An De Wang (Prince of An De)
Zhai Tian Lin as Gao Wei (Crown Prince)
Mao Lin Lin as Zheng Er / Feng Xiao Lian
Wei Qian Xiang as Han Xiao Dong
He Zhong Hua as Emperor Gao Zhan
Dai Chun Rong as Empress Hu
Li Dong Han as Yang Shi Shen
He Qiang as Duan Shao
Lu Yong as Hulu Guang
Wang Tian Ye as Hulu Xu Da
Wang Rui as Li Ao
Deng Sha as Lan Ling Wang's birth mother

Northern Zhou
Wang Di as Empress Ashina
Wang Zheng as Yuwen Shen Ju
Zheng Xiao Ning as Yuwen Hu
Zhao Yi as Yuchi Jiong
Zhang Zi Mu as Yuwen Zhen
Zong Feng Yan as Yuwen Yu

Others
Lu Zhong as Xue Wu's grandmother
Zhu Hai Jun as Xiao Cui
Zheng Wei as Xiao Xu Da
Yu Xin Tian as Feng Xiao Ling
Huang Xin Di as Yu Tu
Han Dong as Yang Jian

Trailer:

Eng subbed trailer here.
Will start watching this tomorrow with my newfound watching buddy: mysecretsoul :)

The synopsis looks interesting! However, when I watched the trailer, it felt like it's gonna be full of blood and revenge! I hope it's not as heavy as it looks.
Chinese dramas always sound so interesting, like this one, but I don't really like how they act. I haven't given up because I have hope there will be another where the acting is like Startling By Each Step". I'll check if I can find it anywhere with subs.

Edit
dapinaymrs wrote: Will start watching this tomorrow with my newfound watching buddy: mysecretsoul :)

The synopsis looks interesting! However, when I watched the trailer, it felt like it's gonna be full of blood and revenge! I hope it's not as heavy as it looks.

Did you find it with subs or do you understand the language?
Hello! It's available on viki as Lanling Wang. English subs are complete for all eps and Eps 1-22 are edited.

And no, I only understand 'Hao' and 'Shie shie'. :P
dapinaymrs wrote: Hello! It's available on viki as Lanling Wang. English subs are complete for all eps and Eps 1-22 are edited.

My Chinese is about the same, haha. I wanted to add that while I too will be using Viki for this drama adventure, Dramafever will eventually have Prince of Lang Ling available as well. That means an eventual add to Hulu, for those that like to use devices connected to their televisions.
dapinaymrs wrote: Hello! It's available on viki as Lanling Wang. English subs are complete for all eps and Eps 1-22 are edited.

mysecretsoul wrote: My Chinese is about the same, haha. I wanted to add that while I too will be using Viki for this drama adventure, Dramafever will eventually have Prince of Lang Ling available as well. That means an eventual add to Hulu, for those that like to use devices connected to their televisions.

Ah, thanks for the info. My Chinese is about the same too. LOL!
I so freaking wanted to watch this drama about a month ago but now I kind of lost the mood LOL I will totally come around it someday though.
mysecretsoul wrote: My Chinese is about the same, haha. I wanted to add that while I too will be using Viki for this drama adventure, Dramafever will eventually have Prince of Lang Ling available as well. That means an eventual add to Hulu, for those that like to use devices connected to their televisions.

Ari_Lee wrote: Ah, thanks for the info. My Chinese is about the same too. LOL!

Hahahahahaha! We're all the same then! :D

CheerfulSoul wrote: I so freaking wanted to watch this drama about a month ago but now I kind of lost the mood LOL

I will totally come around it someday though.

Too bad, would have been nice to hear your opinion. Maybe next time. :)
OMG! I am currently watching this drama and loving it so far. I saw an MV of this drama and it caught my attention, but yeah it going to be so bloody. William Feng and Ariel Lin are great actor so this should be good!
That poster art is gorgeous. Plus I really want to see what Ariel is like in Wuxia, since she's done a few of them. I am very tempted right now...
Just finished Ep 1 and must say the graphics are smooth and the presentation of the story is creative. OTP has >an interesting first meeting...<
Episode 3 finished and the plot is moving at a fast pace. I hope they keep it up, two main things happen simultaneously and they are about to be meshed together.
Watching this along the same pace as dapinaymrs. This drama is incredibly addictive so far, marking the first time a drama has grasped my attention so firmly from the start in ages. It's surprising more people haven't seen it. Oh, and William Feng is a total dream here. That's less important than the show being enjoyable (it is), but still true.
mysecretsoul wrote: Oh, and William Feng is a total dream here. That's less important than the show being enjoyable (it is), but still true.

I don't get why he's so darn attractive. But he is, and it's illegal! Daymmm.
Ohhh finally, subs!! :D I'm going to start watching this very soon!